Energizer 80 lumen 2 pack at Sams Club

Marduke

Flashaholic
Check the battery kiosks, there are usually 2-3 of them per store. These lights are on top of them. Central Alabama here, 2 stores I have checked have them over past several months at least.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the battery kiosks, there are usually 2-3 of them per store. These lights are on top of them. Central Alabama here, 2 stores I have checked have them over past several months at least.

I just went back to their web page. They do not have these in the stores here in NC. They have them where you are in several stores, but they will not ship them. I did look in the battery kiosks in both stores I went to. Do the lights have any kind of model number on them? This would help finding them elsewhere. Thank you for your reply!

Mike

Marduke

Flashaholic
Do the lights have any kind of model number on them? This would help finding them elsewhere. Thank you for your reply!

Mike

The Energizer model on the back is ML2AAE-2, but I cannot find them on the Energizer site, or anyother site for that matter. I think at least for now they are SamsClub only.

Energizer
ML2AAE-2

UPN

UPC
0 39800 03714 5

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same frustration here. I went to Sam's, looked at the flashlights, battery kiosk "cubes", asked the front desk "support" and nothing.

Looks like great news: More high efficiency LEDs showing up in brick and morter. But like the Lowes Taskforce with a Cree, they are hard to find.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Just checked the current draw with my new Fluke, from bypassing the tailcap it draws 425mA. But it's only 3.1v across the LED :thinking:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Little satin (not matte) Scotch tape really cleaned up the beam. The standard 3/4" is just wide enough to cover the entire lens.

bspofford

Enlightened
Why does everyone keep referring to these as "Energizer" lights? Although the AAA batteries included are Energizer brand, the flashlight is an "Element" brand and made in Taiwan. BTW, I'm not impressed with the brightness or construction.:shrug:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Why does everyone keep referring to these as "Energizer" lights? Although the AAA batteries included are Energizer brand, the flashlight is an "Element" brand and made in Taiwan. BTW, I'm not impressed with the brightness or construction.:shrug:

You must be talking about another product, as these are AA lights, not AAA, and the lights are definitely made in China.

I think you're thinking about these instead.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have these been more widely distributed yet? Just wondering since for the longest time they were very hard to come by.

Saiga

Enlightened
Not trying to be a jerk here, but we haven't joined CPF, spent countless hours researching, not to mention countless dollars,buying brilliantly designed and manufactured illumination tools to take one,if not several, evolutionary steps backward and start wasting money on generic,low-budget crapola from friggin' Sams club. Or have we.:confused:

None for me, thanks :D

Last edited:

BMF

Enlightened
I tried to search 11 Sam's around my zip but they're all out of stock. My brother in law got one last year but I haven't known about this site yet

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not trying to be a jerk here, but we haven't joined CPF, spent countless hours researching, not to mention countless dollars,buying brilliantly designed and manufactured illumination tools to take one,if not several, evolutionary steps backward and start wasting money on generic,low-budget crapola from friggin' Sams club. Or have we.:confused:

I was only asking because there is a guy looking for a cheap 2AA light, and if this light was available it would fit the bill nicely.

Saiga

Enlightened
Sorry, really not trying to bust anyones balls, just having a couple post-work
" beverages" and rambling a little. :devil:

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic

A Cree P4 with a forward clicky, adjustable focus, easily upgradable, and good machining, all for an affordable price at a local B&M store is several steps backwards? :thinking:

It may not be up to CPF standards, but when a friend or relative asks for a cheap (relatively), bright, simple light, this comes immediately to mind.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Are these available anywhere besides Sams?

I'm looking for an inexpensive, waterproof, cree P4 (or brighter) based torch with a focusable head !!. The fact that its easily mod-able with a Cree board is a big plus. The light wont become obsolete any time soon with a little DIY power.

My task force is a little too big to carry around.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
At 265 mA being pulled from the battery, expect it to basically mimic a Fenix L2D on medium.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a pack of these lights some months ago and I have to say that they're well worth the money. I'd judge the output to be on the order of 50 honest lumens out the front.

I replaced the reflector in one of them with a Cree optic and like it more than with the reflector. The central spot is a little brighter and the spill, while not nearly as bright, is very much wider and fades gradually. I want to get my hands on a Khatod optic and try that. I think it's what gene Malkoff uses in his P60 drop-in.

Marlite

Enlightened
A Cree P4 with a forward clicky, adjustable focus, easily upgradable, and good machining, all for an affordable price at a local B&M store is several steps backwards? :thinking:

It may not be up to CPF standards, but when a friend or relative asks for a cheap (relatively), bright, simple light, this comes immediately to mind.

I agree this has a place in a toolbox, glove-box, or drawer, or for a relative a friend, keeping your premiums prime. Modder fodder too.

marlite