Ever Seen The Space Station?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!!! That's pretty cool!!!!

Be sure to look at the J-Trck 3-D. Even if I don't exactly know what it all means, it's pretty awsome to look at and play around with!!!

Hmmm. I didn't know you could get that info. though. Cool.

redcar

Enlightened
Seen it and talked to it. Well, actually, my computer talked to one of its computers on a few passes. I've also heard astronauts give interviews to schools a few times as well.

Check out www.issfanclub.com and click on the Amatuer Radio links.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I remember lying on my back in the sun one day years ago and seeing a reflective speck at high noon in the sky that didn't move.

I got a pair of zoom binoculars and cranked them all the way up to 21x and looked again. It was barely larger than a speck at full magnification, but it had a square shape.

I doubt it was the space station, but I wonder if it was one of those giant military/government commsats 33,000 miles up in a stationary orbit.

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
Not yet but a friend and I are planning to take some pictures of it as soon as we get the telescope programmed to track it properly. We have made some of the modifications needed and will start practicing soon. I'll post when we get it going.

Chris

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Seen it many times, but I could never get tired of it.

For another great site with details on when the ISS will pass by your area go to:
Hevens Above Website

This site also will tell you when Iridium Flares can be seen from your area. Those are pretty spectacular because they are sometimes bright enought to cast shadows on the ground!

Now if we can just get some clear skies (been cloudy for weeks here), we might get to see some of these cool things again!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've watched it for several years. I'm awestruck and humbled each time it see it.

Here's a personal story -- maybe silly to some: My recent ancestors have been poor and rural. I can vaguely remember my dad helping my grandfather harness his mules to plow. A couple of years ago, we stood in Dad's backyard and watched as the ISS and the recently undocked shuttle, trailing about 5 degrees behind, passed overhead. What wonderful history he's witnessed.

BTW, I asked, via email, that my town be added to the index list. Was done in a couple of days.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
As a kid in the very early sixties or late fifties, I remember watching the Echo satellite pass over. At least, that was what our neighbor said it was.

Geoff