FatFlex Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
George can we expect these before Christmas? If not I need to change to plan B.

Later
Kelly

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
chimo said:
George mentioned that they may be available in January.

Paul

Yep, the main reason I'm holding off on FatFlex (other than just being busy) is I'm waiting for a new uController to be released. It has more firmware capacity and that will allow me to put a few other features in that currently don't fit. The prototype basically had just a few instructions free.

I do have samples of the new uController so I've already done some testing with it - I just need production quantities to become available.

george.

Biggimo1

Newly Enlightened
My PP is ready to go. I have Fatman and nFlex. I know this is going to be the board for me. My Lux V headlamp is waiting.

Brian B.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggimo1 said:
My PP is ready to go. I have Fatman and nFlex. I know this is going to be the board for me. My Lux V headlamp is waiting.

Brian B.

Still waiting for the production release of the new uC. Meant to be in the next month or two. That's all that's holding up FatFlex...

george.

OddOne

Enlightened
I'm literally planning light ideas around this beast at this point... :D

I dunno about anyone else here but I've though that the first person to come up with a viable dimmable step-up controller will start a new wave of innovation in ultrasmall flashlight design. Looks like the G-man is about to topple the first domino!

WTG George! :D

oO

jtice

Flashaholic
I have had a 3C mag, and a copper quad sink, and some TWOJ LEDs waiting for this thing !!! :D

Cant wait George, thanks for the update.
~John

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Just want to join the choir and I too did have all my mod planning centered around this 'beast' since 'last year'...

Btw, happy new year to everyone and may this new puppy bring loads of lights into this world. :)

Biggimo1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update George. I agree with everyone else.

Fatflex will be the perfect board for the DIY caver. I even found waterproof momentary switches for it.

Brian B.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey George, my Tri-Lux headlamp is begging more than two months now for this driver... :rant: :wave:

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meduza said:
How thick will the fatflex be ?

About 2mm thicker than Fatman due to having components on the bottom side of the board. Fatman is about 6.6mm thick (at the inductor). So, for FatFlex around 8.6mm max thickness.

george.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Cool feature! It's a smoke/boost converter!
smile.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
George, will the FatFlex run on 3x LIR cells (12.6V) or is the input voltage still limited to 12V?

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icarus said:
George, will the FatFlex run on 3x LIR cells (12.6V) or is the input voltage still limited to 12V?

12V is still the absolute max limit. The switcher core is the exact same as the Fatman core. All I've added is the uC and interface to the switcher to provide the dimming function.

george.

Status
Not open for further replies.