Feedback/impressions on the PhD-M6 custom battery pack

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a buzzing sound coming from the tail when using the pack? Normal?

I just noticed after installed some freshly charged cells there is a real good buz coming from it.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a buzzing sound coming from the tail when using the pack? Normal?

I just noticed after installed some freshly charged cells there is a real good buz coming from it.

Still searching for this answer gang, :poke:

I'm hoping it's normal, but if anyone can enlighten me please.

I might be able to upload a video of it as if you remove the tail cap and complete the circuit it's quite loud. However I just realized I need to check it on the different voltages.

Stay tuned!

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the topic is the PhD battery pack.

But both haven't been produced in a few years. Both are wonderful tools though.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Greenbean said, this battery pack/regulator is amazing. Since i've got mine it's in use several times a week. I even remember all 4 settings for each voltage without looking at the notes :))

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Will & Jimmy are some of the best members CPF has ever had! I still have a whole bunch of these PhD's, compiler, programmer unit, etc. Thank goodness I saved all the instruction web pages that explain everything in detail.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checking in to say that my PhD-M6 is still in use and going strong 9 years later! Now using 16650 - 17670 don't really seem to be as common anymore.

Thank you for such a great product.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add that Will really stands behind his product. When I nearly killed mine, he was so kind to repair the unit

jellydonut

Enlightened
Just checking in to say that my PhD-M6 is still in use and going strong 9 years later! Now using 16650 - 17670 don't really seem to be as common anymore.

Thank you for such a great product.

Wasn't really that common back then either, but M6 size constraints meant that triple 18650 was not possible.

I'm still enjoying my PhD-M6, hopefully the battery type will not obsolete it eventually.

Latest posts