Fenix LD01 - LOD-Q4 replacement

youreacrab

Enlightened
No, lumens do measure brightness. Watts measure power.

right, but lumens measure luminous flux which is the perceived power of a light source. you can call this brightness if you will, but brightness depends on distance.

Bonky

Banned
I'll probably end up getting one for me and a couple as gifts. I hate having to explain strobe mode and :barf: SOS mode to people who aren't into flashlights.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
About the colors...

I think there are two reasons:

a) Most normal buyers think the black is nice, and dont even consider that it might look ugly later on, after it has been scratched, etc.

b) Olive. I have never seen an olive light in person, but the initial reaction to just reading it is: Who the hell execpt some paintballers would want the light to be olive? Its like "color, yet, but an ugly one!".

I have a natural P3D and really like it, and i have a red L0D. The former is nice because you dont really see the chips as it fell down, und the latter is no nice than i take care of it, so its hasnt any markings (always carry it alone in the coin pocket). But i would never think of buying an olive light, except its totally differnt than my understanding of that color...

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
b) Olive. I have never seen an olive light in person, but the initial reaction to just reading it is: Who the hell execpt some paintballers would want the light to be olive? Its like "color, yet, but an ugly one!".

IMHO olive is a very good looking colour; much better than the black tacticool lights that there seem to be a great abundance of.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
About the colors...

I think there are two reasons:

a) Most normal buyers think the black is nice, and dont even consider that it might look ugly later on, after it has been scratched, etc.

I have a natural P3D and really like it, and i have a red L0D. The former is nice because you dont really see the chips as it fell down, und the latter is no nice than i take care of it, so its hasnt any markings (always carry it alone in the coin pocket). But i would never think of buying an olive light, except its totally differnt than my understanding of that color...
I gave a black, natural and red L0D to both my brother and one of my best friends and they both kept the red one. My mom only got to choose between red and black and although she said she didn't care, she kept the red one too. :grin2:

Excellent points on the general public perception; when I first ordered my olive Q4's, (they were actually listed as natural) I was back and forth as to whether to go with black or olive, but now it's a no-brainer since I've had the chance to carry both.

Someone else brought up these polls and I just did a quick compilation.

Keep the med-low-high UI: 10%
Something other: 90%
Top preference low-med-high: 58.62%
Total votes: 290

No blinking setting: 35.31%
Keep blinking setting: 64.69%
Keep strobe only: 59.28%
Total votes: 388

For what it's worth, those are the CPF stats. :candle:

Illum

Flashaholic

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm BIGGA time worried about the election.

Therefor a couple things. I will NOT get a new LD01, my LOD Q4 is just gonna hafta do.

When the Dereelight CL1H with the 3SD R2 module that is coming from AFaustin will probably be IT in 1x18650 lights.

When the last three DX lights come that will be IT for DX purchasing.

I will NOT hit new posts on CPFM!!!

I am gonna figure out the best way to make sure I keep at least a few of my guns!

I'm drawing in man!

Gotta try and keep the house!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm BIGGA time worried about the election.

Therefor a couple things. I will NOT get a new LD01, my LOD Q4 is just gonna hafta do.

When the Dereelight CL1H with the 3SD R2 module that is coming from AFaustin will probably be IT in 1x18650 lights.

When the last three DX lights come that will be IT for DX purchasing.

I will NOT hit new posts on CPFM!!!

I am gonna figure out the best way to make sure I keep at least a few of my guns!

I'm drawing in man!

Gotta try and keep the house!

The economic downturn could last a lonnnng time...don`t think I`ll let that stop me from buying an affordable light. Well, thats how I feel now...might feel differant if my belly is growling all night...dreaming of a slice of bread. :broke:

I still hope Fenix comes out with a P-7 light before the end of the year...500 lumem would be fine :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
political comment removed - please go underground to engage in such discussion

I do need a few things from DX if the other three lights come. I ordered Xenon lights that take drop ins. I don't have enough drop ins for all nor enough 17670 batteries.

ARGH!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Are they going to do a red version for Christmas? I hand out a couple every Christmas, not to mention buying one for myself. It goes well with my burgundy pickup and the red mini swiss army knife on my keychain.

That would be nice. Except for the snowflakes.