Fenix store's latest announcement *new announcemnt*

lumenal

Enlightened
Re: Fenix's latest announcement

Lack of demand? Really? I guess I'm in the minority then when it comes to wanting a simple yet bright flashlight. This is why I didn't want one of the "D" series lights. Way too many lighting options to click through. I just wanted low and high and that's it. I love my L1T version 2.

I know the human eye can't see the difference in brightness between a rebel 80 and a rebel 100 anyway but unfortunately the human mind doesn't think that way (You THINK you can see a difference) And this is what lead to the demize of the L1T.

I sure hope that Fenix comes out with a SIMPLE bright light that is like the L1T as a replacement.

Just give me a reliable simple BRIGHT light.

Gotta agree with you there.

I purchased the L1T V2.0 as a simple bright but small light to throw in my pocket that uses common AA cells. (NiMH for me).

I don't know if I received a Rebel 80, 90, or 100 in the light, but it is bright, with a longer running low, and perfect for me.

All the naysayers moaning that a Rebel 100 should've been installed instead of a Rebel 80, or 90, probably wouldn't have been able to tell the difference one way or the other. :shakehead

And that moaning probably did influence people's choice to not buy a light with a "crummy" Rebel 80 in it. Hence, 4sevens stating lack of demand.

And that original forward clicky was mediocre at best. My first one lasted about 15 minutes before failure. The replacement one is working, but flickers sometimes, and feels flimsy.

Hopefully Fenix has got these wrinkles ironed out and will offer an even better product. They usually do.

And whenever there is a Version 2.0 offered, Version 3.0 may not be far behind....

Bearcat

Enlightened

It doesn't look like there is going to be a new E0, ever... :mecry:

Maybe not by Fenix, but there will be yet another Chinese company to fill the void and bring us something better and cheaper than the EO. Fenix's prices are climbing to about the point where another flashlight company will slip in and become yet another favorite, just like Fenix once did. What killed the EO being upgrade with the new DS LED is the profit spread, real good, but not fantastic like on the LOD and on some of their other lights. You can't blame Fenix for wanting to make the most money they can.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry about the confusion!
i guess the way i read it just said to me that T1 "natrual" finishes, which are actually olive drab, were going to be discontinued, and replaced with a different T1

I did not however said that the T1 would be discontinued,yaesumofo said that,i just said whoever wants the ORIGINAL T1, with what i thought was natrual finish, better buy it now. Im wrong, but not THAT wrong...Crenshaw

"oh god!, all those people who want the original T1 better order now...."

You know, there's this thing called an EDIT button. You can use it to fix your title, and fix all your mis-statements, because you've yet to fix your mistakes, and the confusion will continue until you do, because most people only read the first post. I'm sure fenix-store, and other fenix dealers, would appreciate it if you fixed your mis-information.

"Fenix's latest announcement" should be "Fenix lights discontinued" or whatever. The annoucement was from fenix-store, not Fenix.

Phaetos

Enlightened

The black and natural finishes were outsourced to outside companies.
Fenix has been working hard to build their own HA finishing plants. The
Olive Drab and the Red in the L0D are the first of the fruit of their labor.
Look for Olive Drab in many other models soon! Honestly, the naturals
were a bit of a problem because the outside companies would ruin lots
of parts and that increased the costs. Having an in-house plant allows
Fenix to exercise more control over the final finishing process and thus
reduce the per unit cost due to reduced scrap rates.

I guess that explains why my replacement tailcap for my P2d in Natural was a lighter color than the body I put it on. And the diameter is slightly larger also, but it works perfectly. Thanks for that 4sevens, and I placed a new order tonight, be on the lookout for it. :thumbsup:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Re: Fenix store's latest announcement

Sgt. LED --

Your tagline, disappointing as it is, certainly brought a smile to my face. :)

Hope that you find a suitable replacement for your treasured flashlight.

Hope that the culprit lives long enough to regret his evil actions. :twak:

Best of luck (and health) to you and your loved ones this Holiday Season.

:santa:
_

Flic

Enlightened

Where in that statement does it say T1's are being discontinued? Is this from Fenix-store? I know Fenix lights with Natrual finish is being discontinued, but the T1 isn't natural, it's their olive drab type HA. This statement says to me that along with the natural finish being discontinued (which is a shame), the E1, E0, L1T, L2T, and L1T/L2T 2.0 are being discontinued.

No where does it say the T1 is being discontinued, just that more are coming in stock.

Thanks WadeF. Sems preople just cannot read.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

t noticed, every time there is a slight LED improvement that cost the manufacturers pennies, they have been tacking on 10 times or more to their sales prices. It has gotten out of hand, so I will just sit back and wait.:popcorn:

This is what annoys me as well, the price just keep climbing and climbing, soon they'll be inside premium light territory. Well if Yugo made a car that perform and cost the same as a BMW, still no one would buy a yugo.

pipspeak

Enlightened

This is what annoys me as well, the price just keep climbing and climbing, soon they'll be inside premium light territory. Well if Yugo made a car that perform and cost the same as a BMW, still no one would buy a yugo.

I kinda agree but you have to remember that Yugo made cars that truely sucked, so even if it started making cars to compete with BMW it would still forever be known as the manufacturer that once made sucky cars.

Fenix, on the other hand, has always made good lights AFAIK so its reputation is solid and it should have some success milking it.

Frankly I think many surefire lights are hideously overpriced, but again the company made a name for itself and is now milking it for all it's worth (I'd love to know the mark-up on surefire lights... I bet it's astronomical). And look at Novatac... a $40 jump in the price of its light overnight? If that's not a cynical attempt to boost profits then I don't know what is. As long as US manufacturers of "premium" lights continue to fleece consumers like that then Chinese manufacturers will have plenty more success at half the price.

Jambo

Newly Enlightened

L1T/L2T v2.0 is being discontinued due to a) lack of demand b) defect
rate of the switches is high. So they are not coming back until we source
better switches.

So they will be coming back in some shape or form? I have a L1T v2.0, I love it and EDC it every day. I'd buy a upgraded version in a heartbeat.

I'm getting seriously tempted by the Nitecore Defender Infinity though...

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I do love the L1T V2.0. Been servicing the cars with it tonight. I hope they can get a 3.0 out soon. I think Fenix's quick fling with the Lumileds Rebel is over. So, back to the Cree for the 3.0 then...

Jambo

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix store's latest announcement

Pity, I much prefer the beam pattern on my Rebel 100 P3D and L1T v2.0.

I'd still snap up a v3.0 or whatever L1T v2.0 replacement might come up.

Last edited:

cat

Enlightened

The black and natural finishes were outsourced to outside companies.
Fenix has been working hard to build their own HA finishing plants. ...........Having an in-house plant allows Fenix to exercise more control over the final finishing process

:twothumbs yaaayyy! Right way to go! :twothumbs

yeahhh! :D

Helmut.G

Enlightened

qualityflashlights always sells the new models at the same price than the older ones, so I don't believe that fenix raises the prices yet the sellers do so

Latest posts