Fenix TK40 part 3

Jackal-Head

Newly Enlightened
A couple of comparison shots to help those who are still undecided because they think this light is too big: ;)

spbsyp.jpg

So would you recommend the cigar or pencil grip? :D

LawLight

Enlightened
Does anyone know if the TK40 will fit in the John Willis (SOE) M6 Holster? *

Note - It looks like I answered my own question. Surefire gave me the specs on bezel and length of the M6 (I don't own one) and I got the dimensions of the TK40 from Fenix. AND . . . it will fit!)

LawLight

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
C'mon 276....we need some beamshots from you next chance you get!:poke:

I tried to take some shots last week some in and some outdoors.

Indoors at about 30ft
5ecuab.jpg

On low
2vdgqrn.jpg

On Medium
33cowaq.jpg

On Hi
155q5xs.jpg

On Turbo
zyarlk.jpg

Here are some tries at outside on only turbo does it come out good low you cant see anything in the picture but you can in real life.

Low at 50ft
2ltkk9g.jpg

Low at 150ft
309rqkz.jpg

Med at 50ft
2jca8aa.jpg

Med at 150ft
dgia8w.jpg

Hi at 50ft
33ni3co.jpg

Hi at 150ft a bit shaking
2usx5xv.jpg

Turbo at 50ft
29lcrwg.jpg

Turbo at 150ft
10s6q94.jpg

cuttingedge

Newly Enlightened
I just received my new holster for the Tk40 and I am very impressed. I AM NOT ADVERTISING! I just want to tell you owners of this big light, that the Boxer -24w 168A holster, made for Wolf Eyes Boxer 10W/24W 168AR, Super Storm and Fenix Tk40 works really well. The light fits tightly in the holster. The top flap that covers the head as well as the large belt loop on the back, have velcro as well as snaps to close.
I do not have a good history with anything that breaks when dropped, so I am hoping this holster will at least prolong the inevitable :ironic:

Mike89

Enlightened
I just received my new holster for the Tk40 and I am very impressed.

I got this same holster a few days ago (from a tip in this thread). I also really like it. Very heavy duty and if anything can protect this light, this sucker sure can.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Thanks 276 for the pics!!

One more request........

Can you take some comparison shots of the TK40 with the Sniper P7 you have? Beamshots on Turbo at about 150-300ft?

Thanks bud!

Da_Pilot

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I've been lurking here for the last 4 months after purchasing a TK11 and am anxiously waiting for the delivery of my TK40. I'm new to flashlights but not new to internet forums and I must say that the wealth of knowledge here is impressive.

I just wanted to share what Fenix wrote back regarding the "M" Bin MCE LED:

Hello ******
Here is Fenix manufacturer in China.
Thank you very much for using Fenix light.
Actaully, most of the existing TK40 we also have used "M" bin CREE MCE LED, it's possible that yours is also this kind. And in the future, we will use more "M" bin CREE MCE LED in the TK40, but there won't any plan about update on the TK40 in the short time, please believe us.
Best regards!
Sincerely Joyce
Fenix Service Team
Tel: 86-0755-29631183
MSN: [email protected]

I honestly hope that my TK40 will be "most of the existing TK40's". I've done enough research here to know that the human eye won't notice a difference. However, with the amount of money i spent, I would like the piece of mind of having the most recent technology if you know what I mean.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Can you take some comparison shots of the TK40 with the Sniper P7 you have? Beamshots on Turbo at about 150-300ft?

Thanks bud!

I did this already IF you are talking about the P7 Sniper that came out last year. Beyond 100 feet it is all flood. Here are some beamshots and I got a couple at 300 feet. The Sniper did show up but never gave any real competition to the TK40.

Last edited:

BrightMan

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I've been lurking here for the last 4 months after purchasing a TK11 and am anxiously waiting for the delivery of my TK40. I'm new to flashlights but not new to internet forums and I must say that the wealth of knowledge here is impressive.

I just wanted to share what Fenix wrote back regarding the "M" Bin MCE LED:

Hello ******
Here is Fenix manufacturer in China.
Thank you very much for using Fenix light.
Actaully, most of the existing TK40 we also have used "M" bin CREE MCE LED, it's possible that yours is also this kind. And in the future, we will use more "M" bin CREE MCE LED in the TK40, but there won't any plan about update on the TK40 in the short time, please believe us.
Best regards!
Sincerely Joyce
Fenix Service Team
Tel: 86-0755-29631183
MSN: [email protected]

I honestly hope that my TK40 will be "most of the existing TK40's". I've done enough research here to know that the human eye won't notice a difference. However, with the amount of money i spent, I would like the piece of mind of having the most recent technology if you know what I mean.

How much lumens difference would be there with a M bin LED?
Is there any way to check which type is used?

infernoken

Newly Enlightened
How much lumens difference would be there with a M bin LED?
Is there any way to check which type is used?

You can check it on the Fenix website with the serial number inquiry...

http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/snen.asp

I did, I see i have a K-bin TK40, but the lumens out of my TK40 are plenty, so I'm happy...

PS. This is what you get:

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Model: TK40 LED: CREE MC-E/K Reflector: Orange Peel Reflector Color: black Version of Warranty Card: English

Last edited:

fiftycalibre

Newly Enlightened
What is the real difference between the M bin and K bin LED? Talk to me like you would be talking to an idiot please, I am the definition of a layman.

In essence, I am asking if its safe for me to risk buying a potentially K bin LED, without disappointment?

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you know the difference if you had a K and M version side-by-side and were shining them both at a distant wall?

Ruusperi

Newly Enlightened
You can check it on the Fenix website with the serial number inquiry...

http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/snen.asp

I did, I see i have a K-bin TK40, but the lumens out of my TK40 are plenty, so I'm happy...

PS. This is what you get:

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Model: TK40 LED: CREE MC-E/K Reflector: Orange Peel Reflector Color: black Version of Warranty Card: English

Hey, nice find! I didn't know that. So there is no way telling if the light has the MC-E/M other than typing in the serial number. Damn... Hmm, when I came to this forum I was only thinking about TK40, but now I've also found the Olight M30 Triton and it seems that all M30s use the MC-E/M and it looks to be really nice light too.

M30 is cheaper but uses 18650s which means that I would have to buy my first 18650s batteries + charger(s). TK40 runs on NiMH and I do have crap loads of NiMHs around and a couple of good chargers. Decisions... decisions... :sweat:

donald2036

Newly Enlightened
Hey, nice find! I didn't know that. So there is no way telling if the light has the MC-E/M other than typing in the serial number. Damn... Hmm, when I came to this forum I was only thinking about TK40, but now I've also found the Olight M30 Triton and it seems that all M30s use the MC-E/M and it looks to be really nice light too.

M30 is cheaper but uses 18650s which means that I would have to buy my first 18650s batteries + charger(s). TK40 runs on NiMH and I do have crap loads of NiMHs around and a couple of good chargers. Decisions... decisions... :sweat:

Shame on Fenix :thumbsdow I bought my TK40 because of their word that they are not planning to launch any upgrade on the LED bin in the short term. But it seems they are sneakingly doing a running change of the MC-E to M bin, if the news is true. I would have hold off buying it, if I were to know there is upgrade comming.

Anyway, I am gonna keep my TK40 and probably to mod it with a 5A color MC-E. Does anyone know how or have tried to take the TK40 head apart? Caz I found the head being so rigidly glued together. :tired:

Last edited:

fairway1

Newly Enlightened
I received my TK40 on 4/14 and it has the CREE MC-E/K according to the Fenix website.

Last edited: