Fifthunit.com Resurfaced as DealXtreme & Dropped Prices!!!!!!!

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fifthunit.com gone the way of it's predecessor?

Omega Man said:
SuperNinja and Jan, please make a thread about those helicopters! I was thinking about getting that $25 one, but now that all this is going down..... :(
I wanna hear about these things!

Looks identical to a Picoo Z, I have one and it is quite fun for $40 @ Radio Shack. If this *is* a Picoo then it is way worth it.. If it however is a clone without a gyro then I am guessing it will be lame. Cant wait to hear from you guys that ordered one.

Mike abcd

Enlightened

Watch out guys! Helis are WAY more addicting than flashlights... AMHIK :sssh:

Just be forewarned, even the higher end coax (dual stacked rotors) ones are inside only toys (no wind) with limited flight envelopes. The conventional single main rotor and tail rotor designs are a whole other world both in performance and how hard it is to learn to fly one.

Well worth the time and investment IMHO but it takes a VERY significant amount of both if you get hooked. The forums at rcgroups.com are a great resource and there's a mulit rotor forum there.

BTW, I assume it uses a Lithium Polymer and they are very easily ruined by over discharge. A single cycle can kill them. A good rule of thumb is not to go below 3.7 V measured without load after about 5 minutes. If it has trouble climbing compared to the initial performance, stop flying and recharge it. It will briefly have more power if you land for a minute but you'll be ruing the battery.

Most small electric heli motors also degrade quickly if you fly out a charge continuously. A couple of shorter flights are a lot better for motor longevity.

Mike

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Helicopter

NightSun torch, which do you use?

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened

JanCPF said:
Omega, I haven't received mine yet. I'll let you know when and if I get it.

Jan

I have one, they are a blast! I fly RC helis and have a bunch (T-rex, blade, Raptor etc.) , this is my favorite for flying around the living room.. Easy to fly and indestructable. The best little heli for 24 bucks! It also has a cool blue flashing LED! There I'm covered for the LED forum... I hope 5th unit makes a comeback, I miss them already!!!
Heli

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dear [EngrPaul],

Greetings from dealextreme.com! An order was sent to you approximately three weeks ago. Is everything alright with your recent order from us? If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact our customer service representatives immediately -- we are standing by to serve you.

[font=verdana, sans serif]ORDER[/font][font=verdana, sans serif] #:[/font]XXXXXXXX
[font=verdana, sans serif]CUSTOMER SERVICE:[/font][font=verdana, sans serif][email protected][/font]

[font=verdana, sans serif]Tracking your order is easy:[/font]
  • [font=verdana, sans serif]Go to www.dealextreme.com.[/font]
  • [font=verdana, sans serif]Enter your receipt number (or order number) and e-mail address. Then click "Secure Login."[/font]
[font=verdana, sans serif]You will then be taken to the Account Manager, where you may manage and track your order.[/font]
[font=verdana, sans serif]If you have any questions about this order or the products/services you've purchased, please feel free to:[/font]
[font=verdana, sans serif]Sincerely,[/font] [font=verdana, sans serif]dealextreme.com[/font]

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast

EngrPaul said:
Dear [EngrPaul],

Greetings from dealextreme.com! An order was sent to you approximately three weeks ago. Is everything alright with your recent order from us? If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact our customer service representatives immediately -- we are standing by to serve you.

[font=verdana, sans serif]ORDER[/font][font=verdana, sans serif] #:[/font]XXXXXXXX
[font=verdana, sans serif]CUSTOMER SERVICE:[/font][font=verdana, sans serif][email protected][/font]

[font=verdana, sans serif]Tracking your order is easy:[/font]
  • [font=verdana, sans serif]Go to www.dealextreme.com.[/font]
  • [font=verdana, sans serif]Enter your receipt number (or order number) and e-mail address. Then click "Secure Login."[/font]
[font=verdana, sans serif]You will then be taken to the Account Manager, where you may manage and track your order.[/font]
[font=verdana, sans serif]If you have any questions about this order or the products/services you've purchased, please feel free to:[/font]
[font=verdana, sans serif]Sincerely,[/font] [font=verdana, sans serif]dealextreme.com[/font]

Pity the link they provide doesn't work.

I get

You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

* Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

etc

I don't think that they have opened it up to the public yet !!!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wah, wah waaaaah...
Fifthunit.com webpage= Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

EDIT: It wasn't working for me earlier, Jim. Is working now for me too.

Last edited:

MorePower

Enlightened

Looks like dealextreme.com is run by the same folks; I sent a return to Fifthunit care of S Chen a few weeks ago.
Results of whois search
Registrant:
S CHEN
2202 Block C
Fortress Metro Tower
North Point, HK
Hong Kong

SuperNinja

Enlightened

heliyardsale said:
I have one, they are a blast! I fly RC helis and have a bunch (T-rex, blade, Raptor etc.) , this is my favorite for flying around the living room.. Easy to fly and indestructable. The best little heli for 24 bucks!
Not completely true.

I broke one of the pitch control links on mine. :(

The ring on the end of the link opened up. Trying to use a drop of super glue to keep the ring closed.

If that doesn't work, I might have to make a new link with a piece of wire or something.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received mine yesterday. Great fun.

(Should this now be RChelecopterforums.com ???? )

SpeedEvil

Newly Enlightened

Naah.
Helicopters are simply a means to an end.
(Carrying flashlights to otherwise out of reach targets.)

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I placed an order (not my first) 19th December 2006

Shipped 28th December

Arrived today 9th January.

Complete, usual time period from order to delivery (3 weeks)

I look forwards to dealextreme.com coming on-line.

Mr_Light

Enlightened

Here's my theory: this site gets in trouble with vendors for selling things below a certain price outside Asia and drops them as a vendor. In response they change their identity every year or so (AXSHOP, FIFTHUNIT, DEALEXTREME,...) and start selling again!
naughty.gif

Turbo_E

Enlightened

you don't think its a lawsuit, do ya?

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast

MorePower said:
Looks like dealextreme.com is run by the same folks; I sent a return to Fifthunit care of S Chen a few weeks ago.
Results of whois search
Registrant:
S CHEN
2202 Block C
Fortress Metro Tower
North Point, HK
Hong Kong

So, is this the same company (AxShop) before it arose as FifthUnit ?

435 Martin Street #3040
Blaine WA 98230

+1 (360) 450 - 5599
Customer Service
[email protected]

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Axshop was in Washington, I do remember that. Not going to connect any dots, though.