God Bless The Green Bay Packers!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a game!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Thank you, Lord...and

Hooo...aaaahhh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig...

Seattle played like champions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif We all know they could have won the game instead of the Packers.

Fortunately, the gods in the heavens were with the Green Bay Packers today...as they have been in the recent past. Don`t think we don`t understand and appreciate that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As our mantra goes...

God Bless The Green Bay Packers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Damn. I hated to see them win the game like that. The Seahawks kept coming and coming.

OK, Carpe. It looks like your team is coming to play my team. You up for a friendly wager?

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, gee whiz, Ray... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

We don`t know too much about this here "wager" thing in Wisconsin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif (We`re always pretty busy eating cheese, and just trying to get used to wearing shoes, you know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

But let me set my mind to this for a bit...and I`ll get back to you.
Also...what on earth could we ever bet with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

God Bless The Green Bay Packers!
Hooo...aaahhh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jayflash,

I have the same dream, but then again, it's just a dream. Well, at least now, it's one step closer.

Go Pack, but, er,...that one made me sweat.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Seattle wide receivers dropped too many passes today. I usually keep my betting to the office pool but a straight up bet on the game between Philly and Greeny Bay with no points involved would be a no-brainer to take Philly. Not that the Packer's aren't respected but I'm willing to bet the odds makers are going to make this a 7 point spread or so.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
The Seattle wide receivers dropped too many passes today. I usually keep my betting to the office pool but a straight up bet on the game between Philly and Greeny Bay with no points involved would be a no-brainer to take Philly. Not that the Packer's aren't respected but I'm willing to bet the odds makers are going to make this a 7 point spread or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's what the point-makers will do, however, I need to tell you the Eagles are not looking forward to GB coming to town. There's just something about GB over the last several weeks that have put the "spook" into other teams.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
It's really no secret why Green Bay is playing so well right now. The team is for the most part healthy. Other teams have key personnel missing at various positions, but there are very few Packer regular starters not playing right now. The story was the exact opposite 1 year ago, the team limped into the playoffs with very few regular starters, and it showed during the final 2 games of the regular season and with the playoff loss to Atlanta. Green Bay is also playing their best and peaking right now. The same cannot be said of Philadelphia or St. Louis right now. I'll wait for next week for talking smack, but the Eagles won't manhandle Green Bay. The Rams are also going to have their hands full with the Panthers that weekend.

Oh, also Green Bay is blessed by God. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BF Hammer said:

Oh, also Green Bay is blessed by God. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice touch, BF Hammer...

Nice touch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i can say miami dolphins are the only team to go undeafeted so there lol 72 dolphins. now they kinda suck though lol

Lars

Newly Enlightened
If the first Packer-Philly game is any omen the next one should be terrific.Not that I'm biased but that first game could easily have gone either way (Favre had just hurt his thumb and probably shouldn't have played the whole game and Green had a major case of fumblitis)but give Philly their due, they've gotten it done week after week.Should be a good one.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back when I had the slightest interest in any professional sports team, Green Bay was "my team". That didn't go over too well here in "Cowboy land".

To give you an idea of how long it has been since I even watched a game, Bart Starr was QB.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm not heavily into football. I love to watch it, but couldn't tell you much about it.

Right now, as of yesterday the Indy Colts look KILLER!

But even as a Texas resident (who jumped for joy when Dallas lost!) I have a rather soft place in my heart for Favre and the Pack!

Brock

Flashaholic
I am sure many of you football fans know, but Green Bay is the only NFL team owned by the city, or is it the county, but not a person or company. So football is taken quite seriously up here. If you go shopping it is like walking through a ghost town during the game, and the west side has water issues during halftime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif When we first opened we used to schedule shows during games, they have since changed that because of the lack of attendance during any games.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always wondered how could they support their team? I just looked and the population is only just over 100,000. Half the city population would have to attend the game to fill up the stands. I'm assuming they must have a much bigger surberbia population but that's still pretty amazing?

BF Hammer

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
I always wondered how could they support their team? I just looked and the population is only just over 100,000. Half the city population would have to attend the game to fill up the stands. I'm assuming they must have a much bigger surberbia population but that's still pretty amazing?

[/ QUOTE ]

More than half the city fits into the stands of Lambeau Field, but in reality the team belongs to the whole state of Wisconsin. The people in the stands come from Madison, Milwaukee, and all the little towns across the state.

Lambeau Field isn't even the largest stadium in Wisconsin, Camp Randall Stadium in Madison seats a few thousand more fans during Badger home games, in a city of about 250,000 population.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sorry philly wins i dislike both teams though. dolphins fan here

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just watched the finish...Farve and the Packers were sent packing by an Eagles field goal in overtime.
Looks like the Philadelphia Eagles are going to play the Carolina Panthers next week.
Final score was 20-17.