Going to Maui in 2 weeks

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ryan at Airport Beach today up close with a small green sea turtle that is quite willing to come up to the surface for a break:

Ryan-GreenSeaTurtle.jpg

And in the background looking down on the Hawksbill:

Ryan-Hawksbill.jpg

arioch

Enlightened
Sorry for the wait. Work, work,work. I am afraid that I am more of a fast food and plate lunch (local fare) kind of guy, and have only eaten breakfast at the Mana Kai, which was pretty good. However, several friends of mine eat at the Maalaea Waterfront pretty regularly (anniversaries, birthdays, etc.), and they tell me that it is great, with excellent food and impeccable service. I don't have any friends that eat at Mama's Fishhouse, but they are supposed to be one of the "fresh fish in the door" restaurants here (local fishermen walk in the door with their day's catch). If you could only eat at one of those places, I would recommend the Maalaea Waterfront.

If you like pizza, I would recommend a small place called Matteo's Pizzeria located at the bottom of Wailea Ike Drive (just mauka or towards the mountain of the Shops at Wailea). They don't have delivery, but you can call and place an order for pickup, or go and have a sit down there. Pretty good pizza for decent prices. They have been open about a year, and are usually busy with customers.

On the topic of pizza, a perennial favorite of mine is Shaka's Pizza, which is located in Kihei, and which does have delivery. Their sausage hoagies are very good, and the meatball hoagies are also recommended.

If you want to try the plate lunch experience, then two places I would recommend would be the Surfside Deli, which is located in the Island Surf building on South Kihei Road, and Da Kitchen, which is also located on South Kihei Road at the Rainbow Mall. This is the "had a long day visiting things and places and want to pick something up and eat it in my condo while watching TV" food. Usually will run you about $7-8 for a plate lunch, and (especially with Da Kitchen) get you some good sized servings.

Tooo many food places here to mention every one, but if you like less pricey fare and have some particular food interests. then feel free to list them here.

For some unknown reason, I am getting very hungry, and must leave to get something to eat now. ;)

BTW McGizmo,

Dang, them's some nice turtles ya gots there!! :) Haven't gone snorkelling in yeeeaaars.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the Shave Ice. Located in Da Kitchen's parking lot.

dsc02300small2xw.jpg

Passion Fruit, Guava with Vanilla Ice Cream on the bottom

dsc02266small8bl.jpg

Last edited: