HDS Systems EDC # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not to mention that in a pinch AA batteries can be found anywhere. Toys, clocks, many small devices.

indigon

Enlightened
Not to mention that in a pinch AA batteries can be found anywhere. Toys, clocks, many small devices.

I believe this is the main reason they are produced, particularly for travelers etc. Otherwise not practical for obvious reasons. JMHO.

-Edited to add: I was thinking a battery tube with 2AA side-by-side would be kinda cool, like a handle and not a mile long..

Last edited:

Mobileschoney

Newly Enlightened
Got my Rotary in the mail today and I have to say that Hi Cri Rotary is pretty darn amazing. What a beautiful tint, couldn't stop shining it on trees and plants in the garden, so pleasing!
I'm very happy with my decision to get this light!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has arrived!

281hnkl.jpg

That pic is awful, let's try again. ;-)

10fvsz9.jpg

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't get over how low the lowest setting is... has to be a world record low. It deserves it's own name too because firefly don't even cover it.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Rotary in the mail today and I have to say that Hi Cri Rotary is pretty darn amazing. What a beautiful tint, couldn't stop shining it on trees and plants in the garden, so pleasing!
I'm very happy with my decision to get this light!

Congrats... I am in full agreement. I don't have a garden but the flowers in my office looked brilliant! I don't have any flowers but if I did that would still be my response. :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Congrats on the Rotary! It is a great light. The low, which does pretty much everything that I need a low to do, isn't even in the "Top 5" of low level output. There does become a point of diminishing returns personally, but there are lights (005, 007, Tri-V, etc.) that can go low enough to make a single trit look bright.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I would not have guessed. This low is so low I can't see the beam on the wall from my chair with the lights out. Yeah I wouldn't want it any lower... this is nice though.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
1st - LOL.

Lol I couldn't resist. I was at work when the light arrived and that old scoreboard wasn't supposed to show up, but my phone had other ideas haha. So I posted it... first men's event I ever won. Whoever worked that scoreboard is an idiot btw. Who puts the first round leader at the bottom with the tail end of the flight at the top? That bothered me back in 1989 and it still does.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I would not have guessed. This low is so low I can't see the beam on the wall from my chair with the lights out. Yeah I wouldn't want it any lower... this is nice though.
The Sunwayman V20c that I had went so low that even in a pitch black room with your eye to the lens you couldn't tell the LED was on unless you didn't look directly at it. You could only faintly see it in your peripheral vision, but not if you looked directly at it. I thought it was really neat, but it has no practical purpose. All of my Zebralights get lower than my Rotary 325 4000K XP-L. The HDS gets low enough.

Lithium466

Enlightened
Anyone believe they get more output from an AW 16340 compared to a Duracell Ultra Lithium 123?
No, the rotary is perfectly regulated on both, and will give you the same output, minus of course a few % of variation if you measure it with a luxmeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.