Help choosing a light to replace E1B

sappyg

Enlightened
Is there a model available that will
1. start on High mode and
2. allow momentary off/on and stay on HIGH power? I can't tell if lights such as the fenix PD30 can start on HIGH.
3. stand up to dropping on the floor, etc like a typical Surefire

Thanks, Adam

What about a Ra Clicky Tactical. You can program it to start wherever you like then if you hold it will burst to strobe.

the Ra EDC Tacticle is exactly what you are discribing and then some. your price cap is too low though :D

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If you like the form-factor of your E1B, but prefer a light that won't accidentally turn on in low mode, consider getting an Eagletac P10C or T10C. There's also a AA version that is incredible with Energizer E2 lithium cells.

Best part is, the dual output is not controlled by the tailcap. You twist the bezel to the HIGH setting, and just leave it there. The light will always turn on in HIGH mode, not LOW mode.

I have a P10A model. Very happy with it.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story ! Are you sure it was the strobe though, or how much of it was down to the 15 beers inside 'em ?

Actually, the strobe scene reminded me of more than just a sci-fi movie. As I think back, my fight or flight reaction was remniscient of a line from Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles: "And now, for my next impression, Jesse Owens!":laughing:

Last edited: