Hey Greta,, how about a CPF Adventure & Questing Sub Forum

Parkland Wa. 60 miles northwest of the majestic Mt. Rainier.

http://www.nps.gov/mora/learn/photosmultimedia/photogallery.htm

~ Chance

See the tallest building? About 35 years ago, during a very windy day in Tacoma, I needed to visit the 16th floor for work. The second I stepped off the elevator the power went off. Silly me, I didn't have a flashlight. The two elevators were located in the center of the building, with the units surrounding them in a circle. It was an older building with no emergency lighting. All the condos had steel doors sans Windows. I only had whatever light was able to make its way underneath the doors.... not enough to see anything. Nothing to do but start knocking on doors until someone opened one up so I could see. After about three or four attempts a scared little old lady opened her door for the stranger, me. I asked her to keep her door open until I found her neighbor and finished my business, then made my way back to the stairs. I thought it was dark in the circular hallway, nope! It was when I stepped into the stairwell and the door closed behind me that I, probably for the first time in my life, fully understood total darkness. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. With one hand on the rail and the other stretched out before me, I started my 32 flight of stairs decent. More than anything I remember being afraid of tripping on something left on the stairs. Falling in total darkness, landing on cement stairs, breaking who knows what, laying there for how long.

Well, that was my adventure.

dWyfc5D.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I spent 3 1/2 years except for two deployments (Desert Storm, and 3 months in Korea) stationed at Ft. Lewis. Some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen is out your way. From the Olympic peninsula, to the high desert of Yakima, to Mts. Rainier and St. Helens. I can remember riding my Yamaha Radian down Rt. 410 going towards Paradise, breathing in the all-encompassing aroma of fresh pine trees like it was yesterday. Resonates with me as much as fresh cut grass which is saying a lot growing up in the northeast...... :)

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

That photo Chance reminds me of when I lived in Portland,OR (20+ yrs ago)
from the city, it looks like you can reach out and touch Mt St. Helens to the north & Mt Hood to the east
although they are a fair drive away.
I'd throw my mtn bike in the back of my truck & just get 'lost' up at hood

I really miss the NW

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Hey Greta,, how about a CPF Adventure & Questing Sub Forum

Sooo, I'm thinking for subforums something like these, though they will no doubt need tweaking. Maybe others can help to amend or adjust. I think they should be more general so there are fewer of them but keep them specific enough so someone has a clue where to look. What do you think?

-General Camping
-Hiking & Backpacking
-Water Sports
-Caving
-Urban Exploring
-Road Tripping (Car, 4x4, Bicycle, Horse etc.)
-Geocaching
-Gear:
****Electronics/Power
****Tools/Gadgets/Luggage Etc.
****Cooking/Food
-Around the Campfire (Photos, Videos, Stories)

[

open space

]

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Greta

Flashaholic

Ok - the forums are posted. They are currently closed for posting as I would like to make sure this is the structure you all want. And I'm waiting to hear from nbp and scout24 to see if they still want to moderate.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

Pm sent. Thanks, Greta. :thumbsup:

Greta

Flashaholic

The Adventuring and Questing forums are NOW OPEN!!

Have fun everyone! :rock:

Greta

Flashaholic

+

Looks good:)

What do you think about transplanting some of the threads from Beyond Flashlights to prime the new A&Q Gear section
like::
Personal Gadgetry & Non-flashlight Electronics

Knives

Custom Forge

I actually thought about that - but I think those forums don't actually have anything to do with A&Q as they are right now. They are more for collecting, etc.... know what I mean?

(I sent you a PM - did you get it?)

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

I actually thought about that - but I think those forums don't actually have anything to do with A&Q as they are right now. They are more for collecting, etc.... know what I mean?

(I sent you a PM - did you get it?)

+

I see what ya mean,,,PM responded also