Holy crap the Lummi Raw is small.

deusexaethera

Banned
I dunno, I'm kinda wary of bare aluminum. Too easy to scratch.

Now, you know what would be awesome: carbon nanotube resin, like the stuff my MTB seatpost and handlebar are made from. That stuff is harder than hell, and it makes aluminum look heavy.

Last edited:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Just found this pic on Flickr:

2992607722_a451e6af74.jpg

The pic is a little misleading, the Raw is much bigger diam. My LOD actually carries a little better in my pocket because of the smaller diam.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I dunno, I'm kinda wary of bare aluminum. Too easy to scratch.

Now, you know what would be awesome: carbon nanotube resin, like the stuff my MTB seatpost and handlebar are made from. That stuff is harder than hell, and it makes aluminum look heavy.

Iam planning to make a light from Carbon fiber, either a flat box type light or a tube style light.
Matt

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a CR2 light that runs well on primaries. How does the Raw do (the 100/20 lumen version) with them? Any runtime graphs?

deusexaethera

Banned
Iam planning to make a light from Carbon fiber, either a flat box type light or a tube style light.
Matt
If you can get your hands on it, CNT resin is easier to work with; it can be cast in a mold just like plastic, and has comparable strength to woven CF. When you look at it under a microscope, it basically looks like carbon-fiber paper, with tubes going every-which-way, instead of cloth, which makes it stronger against impacts from unpredictable angles. (Even hardened CF is bendable in certain directions, depending on how the weave is laid up. CNT resin doesn't bend at all.)

But yeah, pending a couple of final-product pictures, I'd be interested in getting one too.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
If you can get your hands on it, CNT resin is easier to work with; it can be cast in a mold just like plastic, and has comparable strength to woven CF. When you look at it under a microscope, it basically looks like carbon-fiber paper, with tubes going every-which-way, instead of cloth, which makes it stronger against impacts from unpredictable angles. (Even hardened CF is bendable in certain directions, depending on how the weave is laid up. CNT resin doesn't bend at all.)

But yeah, pending a couple of final-product pictures, I'd be interested in getting one too.
Can you still see the cool grain when its finished and polished? I already have lots of CF in sheet form, we use it alot in the custom knife world. i like the idea of screwed together stuff:D I probably wont do tubes. I want to do something different but super functional.

Where can I get the resin, sounds interesting?

Last edited:

Latest posts