How's The Weather There ?

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
A week ago, it was 0ºF and icy. Today, it'll be nearly 60ºF. I'm confused ... but I'll get over it. In the middle of winter but it's high time for the Hawaiian shirt and finding a good spot on the nearby hill for an afternoon picnic.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I recall last year in NYC, we had one major snowstorm that shut down roads. So far this Winter, one slightly major snowstorm. Hopefully that's be it. Also, today is gorgeous here.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
This beautiful double rainbow was seen from two coastal counties this morning.

Screenshot_20240202-111830.png

Makes a person feel alive (-;

Poppy

Flashaholic
Five to 13 inches of snow starting tonight through tomorrow. They can't be sure of the prediction because the temperature is going to be near freezing for a good part of the event, so some of the precip might be rain. It'll be a messy commute in the morning, and they are suggesting that for those who have the option, work from home.

I don't have that option. shucks.

TPA

Enlightened
72F, very breezy, and humid. I'll be wishing for this weather come August.

@Monocrom : Back when I had clients in NYC, it seemed like I always, consistently, got caught in the February blizzards, every single year. I actually didn't mind it, but I'm not having to shovel or drive in it either. I do remember the weather forecasts being off by a factor of 3 for snowfall, ie: if they're saying 9" of snow, I'd only see 3" at most in Manhattan.

GadgetGeek

Newly Enlightened
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 6 PM EST TUESDAY...

WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 9 inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

WHERE...Portions of southern Connecticut, northeast New Jersey and southeast New York.

:(

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Temperature here has been above seasonal here, going above and below freezing which is conducive to formation of ice on sidewalks and paths etc. which can be hazardous. Good thing I've been saving dried coffee grounds to sprinkle on the ice instead of sand or salt, it seems to be working.

Dave

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Rain turned to snow by 3am. Thankfully my relief got there 45 minutes early at 6:15am since he was worried about getting delayed on the road. He let me go. The two of us help each other out whenever we can. Got home safely. But of course the idiots were out. Those who obnoxiously tailgate, and those who drive like it's a clear Spring morning. Radio counting off numerous accidents in and around NYC.

Snow intensified after I got home. All the errands I planned on running after work, put on hold until tomorrow. Snow just stopped about half an hour ago. Driving to work at night thankfully won't be a nightmare.

Reactions: TPA

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

bit of info on my latitude here ~ Wisconsin

December was the warmest in the history of my state
January was above average in temps.
In February we broke some high temperatures that shattered the old record,, not just the usual degree or two.
We had the first ever February tornado
As of today, we are at the warmest winter ever, by alot...... I'll put $20 down that it will be the warmest winter ever when all said & done.

...this on the back of 2023 being the warmest year ever

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It snowed during my shift. Took 20 minutes to clean off my car in the morning. Combination ice-scraper and forward-facing extendable brush definitely paid for itself this Winter. Driving home with a flurry of snow it was.... beautiful. Sun peaked out. Like Mother Nature had sprinkled powdered sugar on all the leaf-less trees for miles upon miles.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Cold and a little snowy. The gas cap door on my car was frozen shut with ice. I had to use the tip of a rat tail comb as a saw to get the ice out before I could gas up.

Portland 'burbs were rainy this morning (big surprise). Low to mid 40's during the day. Then for a brief period I had this unusually clear view of Mount Hood. It's about 50 miles to the east and pic was taken thru the clubhouse window of the apartment complex where I work. I wanted a shot of St Helens about 80 miles north, but I can only see that from the top floor of an apartment that's presently occupied.

20240218_163012.jpg

Latest posts