How's The Weather There ?

Today's forcasted high is 64 degrees.

66941145058__09487082-E3D1-4109-AD8A-847A0BB112F6.jpeg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
We're in our annual pollen filled yellow air period where it's winter in the morning and spring in the afternoon. Frost has been (achoo) an issue this year as well.

Yesterday it was either spring or winter depending on cloud cover. Cloud covers sun, northerly breeze blows……brrr, need a (achoo jacket for ten minutes. Sun pops back out, breeze stops blowing……good gosh it's warm out here.

Instead of fretting about it I just keep in mind that in 30 days it's sweat season again and just enjoy the (achoo) the cool breezes for a while longer.

When Mother Nature gives you a 6:30 am wake-up call.

IMG_1346.jpeg

The Magnolia was devastated but the Japanese maple was only partially scathed. One of the cats entered our bedroom and screamed his little head off about five times. As soon as he stopped, and I was wide awake - KABOOMB!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
South of the Mason-Dixon jack frost is still duking it out with old man heater. For indoor climate the AC is running one day, heater the next.

Meanwhile the yellow air means Dayquil for breakfast. A recent thunderstorm washed away the coating that caused everytime to look like it was painted with sulpher, but there was plenty more pollinating to finish so by sundown the next day the yellow dust was everywhere again.

It's so thick at times in the distance it looks like smoke from a wildfire. And in the forecast for next week there's a night where frost is a possibility.

Ah, Spring in Richmond VA. If you don't like the weather, stick around 'cause it'll be changing soon.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
south of the Mason Dixon, Fall of 2022 has been a pleasant one. Mostly wear a jacket over your arms in morning and tossed over your shoulder in the afternoon. We've already had a hard freeze and an Indian summer.
Today uncle Jack just pushed the warm weather south and replaced it with a chilly breeze. Yesterday it was a balmy 85, today is expected to be the reverse, 58. Friday Nicole is forecast to get us soaked.

9D77489A-F16D-4700-801E-6AF37173925E.jpeg

Yesterday this fountain looked nice n cool when it was 85 degrees. Today it looks "brrrrrrr" in the blustery 54 degree weather.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Yesterday was a record High temp of 77F just south of me, along with unusually high Nov. humidity.
24 hours later
The wind chill right now is 21F

,, good thing I did 'some' of my Fall yardwork :eek:

3_gun

Enlightened
Wet for days with highs around 40F. It was dry & 70 yesterday

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Its been holding around 40, gloomy and gray with patches of rain. Just like its always been at the Pacific NorthWest

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nicole passed through my town yesterday, leaving about 2" of much needed rain soakage, but Jack Frost used his windpower to shove her up the coast line resulting in some thunder rumbling late in the afternoon as a tropical moisture soaked air mass and cold, dry air mass mingled over our area for a time.
By night fall there was a mix of clouds and stars. By sunrise a super blue sky after being vacuumed by remnants of a tropical storm. The high temp for the day may have been at midnight as the Jack Frost weather migrates our way.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
We just came out of a rare Indian summer. October had a cold snap with a few nights well below freezing then early November several days above 80. Well it wasn't quite a "real" one because it occurred before November 11th and ended before the 20th. Yet it sure was nice while it lasted.