I got my Arc AAA-P DS Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter:

My DS seems to be pretty off center. at the 6 inch distance I seem to have about 1.5 inches of deviation when the light is rotated.

what can I do to correct that? other than that it works great, but when I use it for illuminating a path it's a little odd to have to turn the light to the side to get it to shine straight. My other AAAs including the snow are perfectly centered, just the DS seems to have this issue.

The spec is measured for the center hot spot and it shouldn't deviate more than 1/2 inch when the light is 6 inches from the wall. Any light that doesn't meet the spec we will replace of course.

You are describing something that is 3 times more than the max we allow.

peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure. There are a lot of emails lately. Lots of packages. USPS has lost something like 3 or 4 of our packages in the past month.

peter

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first Arc AAA-P DS arrived completely dead. I returned it at my own expense and received a replacement today.

The Good​

It is noticeably whiter and brighter than my 2 Arc AAA-P CS lights. It is brighter than my Arc AAA Snow. That's the good news.

The Bad​

As 22hornet mentioned, the O-ring was cut by the battery tube's sharp edge. The hotspot is annoyingly off center, more than my other Arcs. DarthLumen reported the same problem.

This is disappointing. I don't want to spend even more money and time returning this DS, too. :banghead:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My DS is way off center too. I have been a shooter for years and can certainly tell when the beam is way off center. Live with it. I don't think that it can be corrected.

Bill

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't understand why certain people keep getting repeatedly hit with these QC problems (and I'm not doubting that it's been happening) while others of us get off scot free. I've had, hmm, nine Arcs so far of various models, three of them explicitly sold as factory seconds, and no significant functionality problems with any of them (hmm, I was going to say no problems, but I experienced some rare intermittent oscillator startup problems with certain crappy batteries in a v3.x AAA). Two of the factory seconds (both LS's) had cosmetic blemishes but worked fine, while the third (an Arc4+) had no problems at all that I could detect.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Powered by a lithium E2 battery, the Arc AAA-P DS lights up a dark room almost as well as the current version Inova X5 with its 5 CS LEDs. The geometry of the light emitted is quite different, with the X5's larger hotspot and the DS's larger spill.

But still, the teeny tiny AAA-P DS isn't far behind the much larger 2-cell X5 in practical use and the Arc's battery life should be pretty good, as well.

Neat! :thumbsup:

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
The arc's have been suffering from manufacturing problems, i had to return mine to get a better one

simbad

Enlightened
I've received my DS today, it is a lot brighter than my other Arcs (LE, BS and CS), the led is perfectly centered and the finish has no blemishes at all. Right now it's in my keychain sporting a lithium E2 battery waiting for the night test :thumbsup::twothumbs

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my ARC AAA-P DS today. The is at least my eighth ARC AAA over the years, I've owned every generation, and still have four of them. This newest DS ARC that I received has a very slightly off-center LED, only noticeable with a roll test, and had a tiny sliver of rubber peeling off the O-ring. I'm very happy with this light. It isn't overwhelmingly brighter than my old one, but it is noticeably brighter, and has replaced my old one on the titanium chain I wear around my neck.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Any of you guys check the current draw from the battery wit the DS. What are your readings.

Bill

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my ArcAAA DS today. Like others have stated, it IS noticeably brighter than my CS. Like others have ALSO stated, the LED is off-center by quite a bit...more than any ArcAAA I've ever owned; and I've owned 11 of them to date. On the roll test, mine is off-center by a little more than an inch when rolled at six inches from the wall on a flat surface. When shined at the ceiling from about four feet down, it's off-centering becomes even more noticeable. This is disappointing. I was tempted to return it when it first arrived, but it's going on my key-chain as is. I AM a white wall hunter, but I don't do a lot of white wall hunting with my keychain light. Also, I HATE returning things, only to start the waiting game of getting them back again. I'll live with it...but like I said, it IS disappointing. :sigh:

PJD

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I got my Arc AAA-P DS today...it's the brightest single LED flashlight I've ever seen, coming in at an astounding 89,500mcd!!! :twothumbs
This thing is...in the immortal words of Ned Flanders..."brighter than H-E-Double-Tippy-Straws"!!! :eek:
I just attempted a very informal roll test on it, and the beam appears to be reasonably well-centered at minimum. :thumbsup:

Ritch

Enlightened
My Arc-P DS was in the post box today.

Plus: It's noticeable brighter than the CS, the hotspot is still rather bluish, but the spill is more whitely.

Minus: The LED is visible off-centered, the o-ring is a little ragged (I think it is the sharp seam of the battery tube, one of my 3 CS has it too), the threads are spiny.

richard

Status
Not open for further replies.