I need to control myself--new speakers big enough?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean about the big boy's. I decided home audio wasn't good enough,
pro audio was the way to go. JBL SR4726X's(single 15w horn and compression driver)
in a big trapezoidal box along with JBLSR4718X's(single 18 in box) driven by Crest amp's. One on top of the other,very nice sub/sat combo around 70inches tall. I like
their concert boxes even better but you have to have limit's somewhere. Wish I had
a digital camera, you guy's would like them.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klipschorns would be nice, but at the moment I don't have any corners to put them in. Not that I have a place for these, but it's less important. The efficiency would be nice--I think Paul Klipsch used to say "What the world needs is a very good 10-watt amplifier." At the moment I keep the faith with a set of Heresys, KG4s, and KG3s.

For the Macs, it's looking like the top speakers will be sacrified to save the bottom ones. At least until I can track down more of the impossible-to-find tweeters and midranges.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've now passed from "strongly interested" to "completely insane." Had a friend over to help me lug these monsters into my tiny listening room upstairs. Until I get the rest of the gear moved out, I have more space in my Jeep.

Acoustics should be questionable at best, but you can't argue with the power. As they are now, powered by an undersized ampflier, the bass will knock your teeth out. With the special equalizer they're supposed to be used with, and a decent amp, they should go lower than a flat 20hz without straining. They're rather soft speakers, though. I might stack my Hereseys (rather shrill on their own) to help the high end.

Last edited: