I Painted my spotlight! What do you think?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I was tired of looking at my gray "All in one" moded solarforce spotlight I did here: :sick2:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2786162#post2786162

And while shopping at Walmart I stumbled upon the spray paint section and noticed the Krylon "Fusion" line of sprays that are supposed to bond to plastic.

I decided to buy a can of "Textured shimmer" and this are the results

This is the can of paint I bought
1003538t.jpg

Before,

After
1003537y.jpg

1003536.jpg

What difference a little paint does to a light huh? :naughty: and the body feels more textured and "grippy"

I haven't decided what color to paint the yellow knobs at the bottom, keep them yellow? Paint them black as the base and bezel? Same color as body? What do you suggest?

I did a couple of additions to the light and will share in my other tread soon.

Hope you like it!

AlexGT :wave:

Illum

Flashaholic
some aerosol sprays like spray paint can be quite acidic to certain plastics turning it brittle...or eat it away completely like styrofoam... a light coat looks great, but I can't promise the same on heavy coats:D

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about doing something similar to my stanley HID. I'm sure that it would look pretty cool with an all black paint job.
Anyone want to try some krylon on theirs and let me know if it melts...?:whistle::naughty:

SafetyBob

Enlightened
That looks great!!!

Now, how about putting some of the Dupi-Color sprayon truck bed liner on the handle.....I think that would top off an already beautiful mod.

Good point on the paint chemically attacking the plastic. I was under the impression that the Fusion paint was formulated so it wouldn't attack the plastic. AlexGT, let us know if anything happens to your "new" light!!

Bob E.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am almost sure the spray doesn't affect the plastic, it better not or there will be hell to pay!:xyxgun:

Bob, The light has rubber molded inserts on the top and the bottom of the handle, so it has a very sure grip.

AlexGT

Patriot

Flashaholic
some aerosol sprays like spray paint can be quite acidic to certain plastics turning it brittle...or eat it away completely like styrofoam... a light coat looks great, but I can't promise the same on heavy coats:D

Illum, did you see the can? He got the stuff specifically for plastical stuff. ;)

Alex, keep the yellow buddy. It looks cool. :cool:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow it looks heavier now... maybe because it looks like it's made of granite? :thinking:

Lol, I kid I kid.
Looks so much better than the original one. :thumbsup:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone needs to do a a Dura Coated Flasjlight in Digital Camo or Tiger:popcorn:

Is this close enough???

HPIM1166.jpg

Or how about this???

VestPics3.jpg

OP, Nice Job! I just tried painting one of my fultons with textured paint...not so good right now, but with a coat of black, it might help? Ditto on keeping the yellow parts...it helps to make it look "industrial". On the paint ruining the plastic, I think yo're safe with paint "specially formulated for plastic". Also, Mil-Spec paint should work good too.

N10

Newly Enlightened
looks very good!...the pint kind of makes the spotlight look less "flimsy" than the original looks..

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well when I saw the thread title I was expecting a flame paint job and some scull stickers :(

That turned out extremely nice, high points awarded for style and class :twothumbs

Me Likey :D

Cheers
Kelly

Latest posts