i think i'm addicted to buying...

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Frank828 to CPF...

All these replies and nobody mentioned the 18650 or 17670 rechargeable batteries and chargers for the Surefire U2. Check into these depending on your body style. If the body bore is 18mm I.D. then buy 18650's of 17670's if the body bore is 17.5mm I.D. They work great and I just bought my 17670 batteries and DSD charger through Lighthound.com. Very helpful people there and great customer service.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
For better financial health, stay away from the modders forums!
Next thing you know you will "need" U bin Luxeons and an X bin to upgrade the U2. Soldering irons, thermal epoxy, o-ring lube, multimeters etc start to add up... light meters follow. Then it is time to do a "simple" 2D Mag mod... heat sinks, regulators, custom milled heads, HA-III bodies, bored bodies, custom lithium ion battery packs, custom reflectors, custom stainless steel bezels and other assorted parts. How can a $16 Mag become a money pit? :D
Run away while you still can! (you won't, but we all say that)

GrooveRite

Enlightened
Oh man, by what you have purchased already, I see you are gonna be in deep! Welcome to your new addiction :)

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started with a Dorcy AAA 1 watter I bought at Sears . And I didnt even knew about this forum until I came across Flashlightreviews. Then all hell broke loose. Now my friends make fun of me cuse I carry a Q3 in my belt everywhere I go. I even whore on my suit in one of my friends wedding. We will see who gonna laugh when the next hurricane hits. Muahahha:rock: P.S. stay away from the B/S/T forum before its too late , you will develop an addiction to all things HA.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
cuso, you mean you whore your Q3?!?!?!... silly typo of yours.

dang it lol, you should stay away from the custom forums or you will voiding the warrenty of ALL your lights...

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
frank828 said:
BTW, u guys will probably think im crazy but i havent even recieved any of the lights yet as i had just recently purchased ALL of this online in the last couple days. HAHAHA

It's like Tom Petty sings: "The waiting is the hardest part." :lolsign:

Welcome aboard.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerdgineer said:
Tell yourself (wife?) that it's better than owning a boat...

Too true. I've heard it from several who own boats and they use the word as an acronym.

It stood for: Break Out Another Thousand :laughing:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before finding and joining CPF, my habit, I mean hobby was limited to Arc's and Surefires, well its been 5 months and look at my sig line :ohgeez: !! I was given a fair warning by many when I joined, but I did not give heed to them, so I pass the warning to you though I think its a bit late, so welcome aboard and do your best to keep a handle on your wallet, oh ya, stay away from B/S/T and MOD forum and ignore anything titanium and anything X-bin and magmodding(a $16 mag can be a money pit, so true BentHeadTX!!!)............forget it, I can hear the toilet flushing already!!!!!

frank828

Newly Enlightened
goodness that is quite a list.

well i got home yesterday and my U2, bunch of batteries of new leatherman blade was waiting for me at home.

unfortunately for me though the U2 is one of the newer one with a smaller tube diameter and cant use the 18650's. bleh, is the output and runtime that much shorter with the 17670's?

oh well, fenix's should be here soon and my RCR123's should be here today(gotta get them ready for the P1).

for my sake, i hope i can restrain myself from all the stuff here

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF, frank828 (and cuso, aryntha, Tightgroup, cd-card-biz, and leeleefocus), why dontcha stay awhile!

You sure have jumped in with both feet! Hopefully, that will keep you awhile! After two or so solid years, I tried to back off a bit, and it's true, I spend less time and less money than I used to, but you don't have to tune in long to see the next best thing, and want one! lol!

welcome again,
daloosh