I want something new!

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I already own a surefire E2E,E2L and C2(p60-p61) and a Princeton tec Apex.

What should i buy next? i love the look and quality of surefire so i'd like to stick with them.

I want something different.Maybe an A2, L2 or L4?

what would you buy if it was you?

Thanks

P.S. i think that i really love lights!!

ibcj

Enlightened
Another vote for the McLux III PD. Nothing but quality with McGizmo lights.

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your answers, but the only thing that i can find here in Quebec city(Canada) is Surefire or Streamlight.

maxilux

Enlightened
When you want a Xenon Flashlight, buy a Pelican M9, and you will be surprised !!

faco

Enlightened
WilsonCQB1911 said:
My pick would be for a McLux III PD -- best damn light ever.QUOTE]

This is what came to my mind as soon as I read the subject line. :)

carrot

Flashaholic
Out of the Surefires you listed, I'll say A2. Why? Because I believe if you're only going to own one Surefire this is the one. It's the most unique of Surefire's lineup; there is no light that even comes close in terms of what it does. It's got long runtime (on low) but packs a punch (on high), is very slickly designed, and is simply a joy to use.

magic79

Enlightened
It's interesting...he specifically asks about Surefire and most of the posts recommend something else!

I'm guilty of doing it myself...why do we do that?

As for your question, I would pick the L2. The two stages are extremely useful. Most of the time I use mine on the low setting. The A2 is more of a spotlight, and the LEDs are not terribly bright. Of course, that may be more what you want. The L4 is small and bright, but it has a flood very similar to the L2, so I like the utility of two brightness levels despite the L2 being longer.

If I had to give up all my SureFire's but one, it would be the L2. If I could only keep one light, it would be the HDS EDC Ultimate.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Of the SureFires that you've mentioned:

SureFire Aviator A2
SureFire L2 LumaMax

Not in any particular order, but maybe you could purchase both! Also don't forget that OpticsHQ gives discounts to CPF members. You can check Mike out over in the Dealers section of this forum.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again!

I have to admit that i hesitate a lot between the A2 and the L2....

It is not an easy task to decide between both....i dont want make a mistake as long as i have to pay $275.00(about $225.00 us) for these flashlights here in Canada!

Is the beam of an A2 is too much like the beam of my E2E?

planex

Newly Enlightened
I just bought my first Surefire light, the A2 with white LED's. A regulated incandescent light, wow!!! Throws impressively far on bright, and the LED's provide a nice level of light to navigate around a dark room without blowing you away. People were right when they said hold on to your wallet. I think I will have to get another one soon. I am also looking at the L2. I figure these two lights are different enough from one another to justify getting both. The L2 also has the same type of tailcap that the A2 has for a quick selection of light levels. I think the L2 with its "wall of light" would be better indoors, and the A2 would serve better outdoors. Also, I have not really heard of many problems with these two lights. I was considering the U2, but there seems to be too many quality control problems with it.

carrot

Flashaholic
The A2 throws further than the E2e. Take a look at js' pictures in The SF A2, which show comparative beamshots of the A2, L2, and E2e in terms of throw. It is also regulated so that it is a beautiful, brilliant white beam throughout the battery life... it makes my G2/P60 beam look yellow.

Longbow

Enlightened
I'd steer clear of the L2. Its a overdriven Lux V, very short runtime and short life expectancy. A Surefire that has a high 'wow' factor and is fun to use (like at Midnight Mass) is the Beast. :lolsign: