If you can only have ONE light, what will it be?

zbad

Newly Enlightened
the only problem with cr123 is most of my expedition is in rural part of Borneo.. Finding a CR123 is like finding a needle in a football field (actually harder) :mecry:. I cannot bring rechargeable because there is no electricity, and bringing a lot of cr123 would take too much space and not practical.. so if RA if you read this.. please make an AA version because its a lot easier to share the same battery with other equip.. the trick is to use fresh battery on flashlight, dry weak battery in sun can be use for GPS, lastly hit the battery with rock and make a circular dent and can be use for radio.. incase you are wondering, yes i'm seriuos..

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ra Clicky. Everything I look for in an EDC light. small, easy to use, good runtime.

A AA isnt likely, because for it to remain basically the same light it would need to use 2 AAs killing the form factor.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HAIII Leef 2x18500, Surefire C2 bezel, FM34 diffuser and McClicky 2 stage tailcap.

-can run all of my malkoffs
-can run 2 r/cr123 + dummy
-can run 3 r/cr123
-can run 2 18500
-can run 1 18650 + dummy cr123
-can run 2 AA

And no worrying about thin walls from boring :D

or if this is cheating, then my Ra Clicky 170T + Ti deep carry bezel down "chip clip" + Surefire FO4 diffuser ;) It has the highest output Id ever realistically need, 4 custom levels, lowest low Id ever need, great runtimes and tough as nails.

Last edited:

jiuong

Newly Enlightened
Currently, the light for me would be Jetbeam RRT-0 for its battery flexibility. :)

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My McGizmo Haiku XP-G is about the most universal light I can think of.

The Ra Clicky is also a candidate for universal use, but if I am reduced to one, I want to KISS and choose the Haiku! lovecpf

rider

Newly Enlightened
I see quite a lot choose RA clicky, is there an AA version? well, as being said one light may not be enough :D

and do ZL already solved the water resistant issue for their new lines?

HDS has now announced 2xAA tubes available for the Clicky - so yes!

:party:

oldways

Enlightened
This is a difficult question to answer.

Only one means useable as an edc, searchlight, camping hiking, work,etc.

I would select the LX2.

ky70

Banned
I'm gonna go with the Zebralight SC50. I have a thing for the smaller lights.
- Nice output on high just below 200 lumens and nice low below 1 lumen
- Really good runtimes
- Great form factor with side clicky
- Simple smart UI that can come on directly in high or low (or 3 quick clicks will get you medium)
- Can double as a headlamp with included headband which can also be used as a waistband as I was able to easily get the band around my 42 inch waste...and it still maintained its form for headband use (great elastic)

Per-Sev

Enlightened
That's easy a McGizmo Haiku XP-G 2XAA is the only light I use and if something every happens to this one I doubt it will but you never know I would buy another one ASAP.

aldagoods

Newly Enlightened
Still using my older Novatac 120P on a daily basis, despite having several other lights. Just too useful in too many different ways, and has been bombproof for a few years now. Yes, iFanboy, sorry.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I could just keep one (sacrilege!!) it would be my Milky modded Surefire U2: Neutral white MC-E, wonderful beam, very very bright, runs on either a 18650/17670 or 2 cr123s. 6 well spaced light levels and the best mulitlevel interface ever made.

Other lights are easy to buy, but this one is a bit special.

Ugly one in the middle:
IMG_7334.jpg

I'd go out and buy a small EDC (Ra, Quark or PD) right away and add a headlamp as well. One light just isn't enough... :whistle: I could manage well with 3-5 though...

Sverre

astanapane

Newly Enlightened
RRT-0.

this is small bright - througher and it takes all kind of batteries. CR RCR 123, AA.

what else you need?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce L2M + Extra CR123A extension and low voltage 3 mode pill .

2xAA , CR123A Primary , RCR123A , 18650 , 2xAAA with batt tube .
If I could only have 1 ....