Its official. I'm a C2-HA addict.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we're sharing (crappy cell phone pic):

IMG00491.jpg

My flavor :twothumbs

Still need to find a decent lanyard - do you guys have a link for that custom job?

Wot no pic ???
Do your C2 a favour get yourself a custom lanyard .... Tekno_cowboy
has a sales thread over at the Marketplace
Look here

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181728

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see a lot of comments regarding the SW02. I had one on my C2-HA for a while but thought it felt unbalanced, so switched to the Z58 recently and love it, but I miss the rubber shroud a little. To those who have the Z48 on theirs, how's the balance and anodization match? I'm thinking of doing that instead.

I've created a poll HERE

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both, a Z48 and SW02.
The Z48 on a C2, gives alot better balance than a SW02, with only a slight emphasis on the head but the anodizing on the tailcap is lighter than the C2 body, almost olive in color.

kurni

Enlightened
... 270 degrees though. At this angle on mine at least, the screw holding the spring mechanism rests against the diffuser window, and could possibly mark it up a bit.

I didn't notice until your post; :thinking: I need to add something on FM34 so that the screw won't touch the window as I like 270 degree.

With the FM34 you've got both a throwy monster and a smooth floody beam in one package, as has been mentioned many times previously.

I love it :thumbsup:

As many LED lights as I own, I still prefer a bright incan for outdoor use, even with all the high-CRI emitters out there.

I also prefer incan; I just can't be bother to switch so I settle with poorer colour rendition. I prefer Cree 5A over pure white however, hence the Dereelight.

I like the glow powder treatment or whatever that is on your spring mechaism too, mind sharing details?

If you mean the one that glows in the picture, I cut a small piece of thick paper that is as big as the clip base. I then apply a large blob GITD powder in epoxy. Once the GITD cured, I replaced the clip with the GITD piece.

I wonder however if you meant the blue "stuff" at the edge of the diffuser window; it came with FM34; it doesn't glow. I don't like it because it isn't even; but it doesn't show when the window is closed, nor disturb the function so I live with it.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wot no pic ???
Do your C2 a favour get yourself a custom lanyard .... Tekno_cowboy
has a sales thread over at the Marketplace
Look here

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181728

Thanks for the link - those are very very nice! Now to just pick the colors :duh2:. I'm thinking reds for my M60 and blues for my M60L....

Whoops - just got the pic back on my old post. Here are some more with an SW02. I find that it balances out the weight of the malkoffs very well...

IMG00489.jpg

IMG00487.jpg

shomie911

Enlightened
Just picked up the C2 and the Malkoff M60 was conveniently on my doorstep also when I got home.

I bought the black one instead because it was the only one they had in stock but I think I like the color better than the HA. The black one looks a lot better in person than it did in the photos online.

I'll put up some pics later.

Quick question, do Malkoffs always have dust and debris inside the optic?

There appears to be dust, a tiny piece of dirt, and a small strand of cotton fiber.

I can actually faintly see a line in the center of the hotspot, which I assume is the cotton fiber.

I was hoping that being made in the USA and all that it would be fairly clean.

It's still nice though, but I'll admit that I am slightly disappointed.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Just picked up the C2 and the Malkoff M60 was conveniently on my doorstep also when I got home.

I bought the black one instead because it was the only one they had in stock but I think I like the color better than the HA. The black one looks a lot better in person than it did in the photos online.

I'll put up some pics later.

Quick question, do Malkoffs always have dust and debris inside the optic?

There appears to be dust, a tiny piece of dirt, and a small strand of cotton fiber.

I can actually faintly see a line in the center of the hotspot, which I assume is the cotton fiber.

I was hoping that being made in the USA and all that it would be fairly clean.

It's still nice though, but I'll admit that I am slightly disappointed.

You did give Gene Malkoff a call re your issues before you posted here, right? And you were not satisfied so you thought you would post your problem in this thread? If you did not contact Gene, then by all means do so, and post back here what he said.

Bill

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
You did give Gene Malkoff a call re your issues before you posted here, right? And you were not satisfied so you thought you would post your problem in this thread? If you did not contact Gene, then by all means do so, and post back here what he said.

Bill

+1

Bill you are one of the most straight forward members on these boards, I always look forward to reading your posts. When someone posts a question that's been asked multiple times, you always jar their memory with a "USE THE SEARCH FEATURE" que, I love it. I know that's unrelated to these matters, but thought I'd share my admiration of your directness.

Back to the topic at hand, I've yet to encounter an issue with a Malkoff device. That being said, if I were to encounter one, I've been told Gene and Cathy are superb people to deal with regarding warranty and such. All my email correspondence with them after payment has been sublime; I second what Bill says. Contact them to resolve the matter, then make your judgment on their products.:thumbsup:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
+1

Bill you are one of the most straight forward members on these boards, I always look forward to reading your posts. When someone posts a question that's been asked multiple times, you always jar their memory with a "USE THE SEARCH FEATURE" que, I love it. I know that's unrelated to these matters, but thought I'd share my admiration of your directness.

Back to the topic at hand, I've yet to encounter an issue with a Malkoff device. That being said, if I were to encounter one, I've been told Gene and Cathy are superb people to deal with regarding warranty and such. All my email correspondence with them after payment has been sublime; I second what Bill says. Contact them to resolve the matter, then make your judgment on their products.:thumbsup:

Aw, gee. Thanks for your nice words.

Bill

Gene43

Enlightened
Yes, if you have a problem with one of my M60's. Please contact me. I will replace it or refund your purchase. Your choice.

Thanks, Gene

shomie911

Enlightened

Bill

I was more asking a question than stating a problem.

I understand that if I have any problem he will take care of it, but what I asked, "Quick question, do Malkoffs always have dust and debris inside the optic?" I would still appreciate to have answered.

I was wondering if it was common for them to have debris under the optic, so that I could know whether mine was an anomaly or similar to the rest.

If it is common then there is no need to bother Gene.

shomie911

Enlightened
Anyway, I just sent a PM to Gene.

I'm getting off topic though, so let's get this back on track to the C2 appreciation.

So far I love my C2. :D

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I was more asking a question than stating a problem.

I understand that if I have any problem he will take care of it, but what I asked, "Quick question, do Malkoffs always have dust and debris inside the optic?" I would still appreciate to have answered.

I was wondering if it was common for them to have debris under the optic, so that I could know whether mine was an anomaly or similar to the rest.

If it is common then there is no need to bother Gene.

Finding such material inside the window of any flashlight, or drop-in is not well thought of on CPF. It generally shows lack of QA, and most flashlight makers try to avoid that complaint, and the better manufacturers, or dealers will go to any length of fix that kind of problem, once they know about it. No Malkoff M60's, or M30's, do not always have dust and debris inside the optic. Yes, yours is an anomoly, soon to be fixed if you take the appropriate action.

Bill

shomie911

Enlightened
Finding such material inside the window of any flashlight, or drop-in is not well thought of on CPF. It generally shows lack of QA, and most flashlight makers try to avoid that complaint, and the better manufacturers, or dealers will go to any length of fix that kind of problem, once they know about it. No Malkoff M60's, or M30's, do not always have dust and debris inside the optic. Yes, yours is an anomoly, soon to be fixed if you take the appropriate action.

Bill

Thanks.

I contacted Gene and he has offered to replace my M60.

Malkoff Devices is definitely up there with Peak LED Solutions for customer service.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
.... what I asked, "Quick question, do Malkoffs always have dust and debris inside the optic?" I would still appreciate to have answered.

I only have one Malkoff, an M60, that I bought used from the MarketPlace.

No dust, no debris inside the optic.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
My C2 will be permantly losing it's clip. I just don't want it on there.

Should I do the glow epoxy in the slot or go with a small trit?
I just can't make up my mind between them.
Super bright for 2 hours followed by 8 more hours where I can plainly see it, or the same small glow for years to come reguardless of any light exposure?
:confused:

mega_lumens

Enlightened
I'm kind of having "hard" time getting use to the square body plus the awkward clip on the C2, just doesn't feel right in the hand. Does anyone know if the Z2 will take a 17670 cell like the C2 does?

Status
Not open for further replies.