JETBEAM new IBS models for 2008 ?

Albinoni

Banned
Also, here is something about using 14500 at 100% brightness level, thanks to the drive of I.B.S. circuit, this light can reach 225 Lumen when using only one 14500, instead of 2 CR123 batteries to achieve the same brightness level. And as known by all, 2 CR123 battery type of flashlights maintain only 1.5 hour of runtime at Max (225 Lumen). Therefore, to our I.B.S. circuit, which using only one 14500 battery (electrical power equals to about 1/3 of that of 2 CR123 batteries), half an hour of the runtime at 100% brightness level is fairly reasonable.

Hi JetBeam, now re batteries for both the MK II I.B.S. and the Jet III Pro I.B.S., is it possible to use Sanyo Eneloops in these torches ?

Also the Jet II I.B.S uses a 1xCR123A battery as I believe, but if all three torches use the same circuittry, than why is the Jet III Pro the brightest when the Jet II has a 1x CR123A battery which is a 3 volts batt. Sorry bit confused here.

Also will the Jet II accept rechargeable type CR123A batts.

Thank you

Timdog68

Newly Enlightened
So wil the JET1MKII IBS achieve 45 hours at the minimum lumens using a E2E Lithium or not?

The graph in the review looks like it was only tested at High and Medium settings.

john46268

Newly Enlightened
Will the JET1MKII IBS remember its settings through a battery change, or will it have to be re-programmed every time? :hairpull:

Haz

Enlightened

According to Jetbeam, the MCU affects the runtime once the output is reduced from the high setting, due to the high energy consumption of the MCU. However, it runs significantly longer on the lowest setting. I guess this means the MCU is no longer drawing as much energy.

So there is a 'weak' point in which you will be getting lower output with lower runtime.

Personally i don't see this as ideal situation, because i would normally correlate lower output with longer runtime. This is crucial in emergencies.

gunga

Flashaholic
Excellent diagram!

If this is true, I think I will skip it. I have no interest in non-correlation between output and runtime.

It's already a pain to remember everyone's different UI, now i remember the optimum or worst output for runtime?

No thanks.

Such great potential, seems kind of par for the course for the last few generations of Jetbeam (except the C-LEs which I have liked).

:thumbsdow

Wattnot

Enlightened
Possible stupid question alert . . . since it's the same UI . . . . but would this affect the MKIII (if that is what the 18650 model is called) also?

gunga

Flashaholic
Not a silly question. I believe this is a problem only with the Mk1 since it also runs on AA.

I believe all the lights that run on 3V + should not have quite the same problems.

The gain in runtime is still non-linear (see the 14500 runtime results, only gain a few minutes when changing from 100% to 50%) but it should at least increase. It all depends on how Jetbeam tweaks the cct in the other lights. If it is the same driver, results will be similar.