Las Vegas shooting...

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amanda was scheduled to have her ventilator removed and sedation reduced today; the update this evening said she got to sit up and they helped her to stand for the first time since the event, she has some limited communication. Doctors predict a good recovery but a roughly half month hospital stay. Getting there..

Promising news. Hoping it continues...

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
All I meant was that with the types of weapons used the shooter may have hit more people if he was closer...distance affects accuracy especially at night. I didn't mean to cause any issues. This is truly a sad event and I don't wish to dwell on the things that don't matter.

I used google maps to do some quick calculations. Accuracy was not an issue. He was shooting into a 400 x 400 foot area with 22,000 people. According to my calculations, from where the shooter was, he would not have been able to see the ground because the people were so tightly packed together. No matter where he aimed, he would hit someone.

It's amazing how far reaching this event was. My friend lost a family member. My son (3000 miles away) had two friends at the concert, one of which did not make it. It's a small world.

Daniel

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Such a sad event. Glad to hear that Amanda is making progress. All the victims and friends/families are in my thoughts.