Lithium batteries used to make methamphetamine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
In Australia we have the "Pseudo-Runners" going up and down the coast stocking up on sudafed etc, but thats to manufacture Speed i'm pretty sure. We are pretty lucky here, we missed the "crack" explosion of the 80's (it was then wasn't it?) Crystal meth, meth or "ice" is sadly apparently starting to make an appearance here. I doubt we will this outbreak........

Thats stuff send people crazy for days after..........

[/ QUOTE ]

Meth is very adictive. My niece's husband has been fighting it for years. I messes up your head permanently, causing wierd personality changes and other fun things. He'd abandoned his wife and child 10 times before she finally divorced him. He's averaging 1 job every 2 months for the last 2 years. He gets straight, gets a job, gets wired, gets violently paranoid and gets fired.

Meth is a form of speed, and is probably why the "Pseudo-Runners" are buying it.

Daniel

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
My brother's Ex's brother died a week later, after burns suffered in his "lab's" explosion. Burns really suck- I've been driven to the ER 3 times, all serious enough for a shot of demerol. (pyro-related and I don't play with that stuff anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) I didn't know him, but he was a homeowner and "upright citizen."

Larry

raggie33

*the raggedier*
it realy upsets me .some darn drug adicts ruins it for us all.

mckevin

Enlightened
Easy (though fairly risky) to make. Several years ago I took a meth class for some recertification hours & one of the things the instructor mentioned that I thought was interesting is that (at that time), fully half of the labs they found were found because they blew up. When you are cooking Coleman fuel, any mess-up can be a bad one.

If anyone is seriously talking about regulating lithium battteries I have never heard of it, but I can guarantee that if you walk out of Wal-Mart with enough to get their attention, they WILL call L.E. One night a year or so ago, I needed (honest) some camera batts (lithium) and some gas line anti-freeze, damn near got arrested...

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened
Colman fuel, brake cleaner, acetone, etc. all have BOOM written all over them. I get the impression that most of these labs are run by users who are willing to take the risk to get their next fix, as well as keeping their customers supplied. I live in "meth central" (Riverside Co. California) and this stuff really scares me. Long term abuse tends to make people very agressive and violent, in addtion to the lab hazards. I hear HAZMAT being toned out about once a week on my scanner to deal with these guys.

Dave, RPh (ret)

Frangible

Enlightened
I think the war on drugs is kinda dumb, wouldn't be surprised to see restrictions on batteries soon. I'd never do a hard drug like meth, that's a dark road I don't ever wish to walk. But already the soon-to-be-passed federal law restricting pseudoephedrine is going to annoy me. I like PSE a lot, I have bad allergies and it really helps clearing my nose, and due to its dopamine reuptake inhibition it also greatly lengthens the effects of the dopamine release of caffeine which helps me focus at work when I need to get stuff done. Oh well I guess.

Negeltu

Enlightened
Yeah .. I have to use pseudoephedrine to sleep sometimes because of swelling in my nose. It helps me breathe through my nose so I can sleep. Here in Oregon you have to show your ID and have someone get it for ya. It really sucks.

gessner17

Enlightened
In Iowa, you can only buy 2 boxes at a time, but you can walk right back in and buy another 2 and so on.

gessner17

Enlightened
Yep, she was a stray I picked up, she is now 50LBS, actully goin under the Knife tomw to get fixed.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live here in farmland central. The Drug busts for Meth manufacturing around here unbelievable. They actually caught a guy driving away holding a bucket of anhydrous out his window!!!!!! It's a wonder he isn't dead. These nutcases actually try to tap tanks in the field to get this stuff. Crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts