Maglite - LED Replacements - EverLED vs. Diamond

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tektite LPR replacement LED bulbs

[ QUOTE ]
Grubbster said:
I have one of tektite bulbs for a two cell light. I really like the dome over the LED which helps prevent damage to the side emmiter. They work well but they do not have the flexibility of the EverLED which can be used with a variety of cell numbers. Price is right though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

So is Tektite LPR comparable to the everLED in brightness and beam quality?

I looked at the Tektite specs, seems that they are (over)driving the LPR Luxeon emitters at 1.6watts.

I agree that it seems strange to make 3 different bulb replacements for 2,3 and 4 cells with the same side-emitter Luxeon, when a fairly simple regulator circuit could make it suitable for 2 thru 4 cells, or even up to 6.....

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tektite LPR replacement LED bulbs

UnknownVT: You said "I looked at the Tektite specs, seems that they are (over)driving the LPR Luxeon emitters at 1.6watts."

Where are the specs? I asked Tektite for details when these first came out - and got NO usefull information.

Please point me to the specs!

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tektite LPR replacement LED bulbs

[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said: Where are the specs? I asked Tektite for details when these first came out - and got NO usefull information.
Please point me to the specs!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's linked on those Tektite LPR pages I had links to -
marked as:

LED Replacement Bulbs Data Sheet

linked to the LPR-3 page, I can't seem to find the direct url to the (small) PDF file.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Maglite - LED Replacements - EverLED vs. Diamo

cy said:
Thanks for the info, didn't know diamond was DD. I've been running diamond mostly with 2x lithium C cells at 6V. that was still pretty dimm. better but pretty dim.

running at 6V and still dim is not following a DD 3watt. must be a pretty high vf luxeon.

running at 9.6V with 8X AA nmh seems to make the diamond act like a normal 3watt. which follows suit with a super high vf 3watt. seems pretty happy with setup. I'm running it this way until it croaks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DD a 3watt with 2x D alk would be 3.1V, which will light up a TWOK bright. diamond must use a resistor or a very high vf lux.

Are you sure that you don't have one of the 5 watt Diamond units designed to run in a 6D maglight? That might explain why it runs so well on all those AAs but chokes on anything else. Just a thought.

http://www.led-replacement.com/da-5w.html

morelightnow

Enlightened
has anyone put the k2 led by diamond in their 3d maglite? i am looking at the ones on flash-lights.com . and does anyone have experience with this site. i

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they did, it's in one of the early Mag LED threads. The CPF member who ordered them preferred the performance that he got from the Mag LED upgrade bulbs to that of the K2s. Last I heard, he was selling the remaining unopened K2s on one of the BST forums. Not sure if he kept or sold the one that he opened.

morelightnow said:
has anyone put the k2 led by diamond in their 3d maglite? i am looking at the ones on flash-lights.com . and does anyone have experience with this site. i

Phillipx

Newly Enlightened
i had the 5, 6 3/4 6 1/2 or whatever k2 in my 3d mag. i prefer the 3watt version. Im not sure why, i just do. now im considering taking the k2 off the heat sink and putting a cree 3 watt in its place. anyone wanna help with that?