Master thread for disasters and generators.

BVH

Flashaholic
NO LONGER FOR SALE. If anyone living within 200 miles of me is interested in one of my two Pecron E1500LFP setups with two expansion batteries, I have one set for sale. One unit lasted for 24 hours in a test scenario for the two of us and that's plenty as our outages are typically 10 minutes to 4-5 hours. Sale thread here. I will drive up to 100 miles, halfway to deliver. Sales thread here:

Last edited:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

$205 each on Amazon Flash Sale

Broke in and they sip gas on Eco; easy parallel...

IMG_8340.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8342.JPG
    IMG_8342.JPG
    654 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8338 Copy.jpg
    IMG_8338 Copy.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 39

BVH

Flashaholic
Just made the plunge and bought the just released (today) EcoFlow Delta Pro Ultra Solar Generator with two, 6KWhr LFP batteries. It's 7,200 Watt continuous inverter has native 240 VAC output without needing additional units nor extra batteries so no more feeding only 1 phase of the panel like when using the Pecrons. It can input 5,500 Watts of solar panel power while powering the house. I can also use my new Pecron units to charge the Ultra while it's powering the house so my true battery capacity goes way up. I can use my Honda 7000i generator to charge it back up at a rate of 3,000 Watts when it is powering the house. I will have 22KWhrs of "usable" uninterrupted capacity when I get it. This thing is so versatile, Can't wait!

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Just throwing this out there >

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Check out this deal, of course not Honda quality, but for $274, no tax and free shipping? Hard to go wrong. I ordered one

Well I got it

Poorly packaged, box full of oil from somewhere. Bottom case/engine mount cracked. Filled it up with oil and gas, started it up and it sounds good, but only makes 17v and complains about overload no matter what I do

I contacted them, lets see what a hassle this will be

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Very good deal

Champion 100520 is at $987 but also a 20% off coupon and free shipping

I have one of these and they work great. A little loud though but I plan on building an enclosure for it

1705784947365.png

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Hear that alot, I say there's a big coupon on a Amazon product and people say 'what coupon?' I go to look and I see it just fine.
Must be something with browser setting or someone's using a phone and aren't getting it.

Has nothing to do with a credit card

BVH

Flashaholic
Got the EcoFlow DeltaPro Ultra system set up two Fridays ago and my wife and I had to use my Harbor Freight engine crane (which I store in the same area) to lift each unit into place. The Ultra is 70 lbs and the batteries are 120 lbs each. I've conducted two whole house test runs. A 5 hr and a 3 hr. Flawless performance. How wonderful it is to backfeed the house panel (with the proper panel manufacture's mechanical interlock in-place) with 240VAC instead of feeding a single phase 120VAC. Of course I had to order a third battery just because they were still on-sale and I got an additional $200 off using some of my EcoFlow reward points. No led light flickering like the Pecrons do. Although Pecron tech support says they will have a firmware fix in the future. Because I have the unit in my underhouse "crawlspace", I can't appreciate the absolutely noiseless cooling system they have designed for this system. There are four fans and a heatpipe system. However under my maximum 2800 Watt output during my tests, I had to put my ear to the grills to barely hear any fan noise. I cannot hear anything standing right at the front panel. The app is really prime time as compared to the Pecron app which looks and feels of an Alpha issue. I love that you can charge/feed it 120VAC house current and hi and low voltage solar all at the same time - while you are outputting 240VAC. It will prioritize solar as the primary. It will pass through power from these inputs to the load before pulling on the batteries. And all of the outlets are 20ms UPS'd. You can also recharge the system at 3000 Watts with a 240VAC generator. It has a couple standard USP ports and 2, 100 Watt USB C ports. Behind the left-most door is a cell system dongle port that will let you control the Ultra from anywhere in the world with cell service. I'm really, really impressed with this system.

So my total capacity from the Ultra is 18.4 KWhrs Gross and 14.7 Net based on 80% DOD. Total Capacity from my two Pecron systems is 15.4 KWhrs Gross and 12.3 KWhrs Net. The beauty of my two-manufacture setup is that I can be dumping the Pecron 120VAC output power into the Ulta AC charging port while the Ultra is feeding the house and it will pass Pecron power at a boosted 240VAC into the house load first, then tap it's own battery system. Of course, if Ecoflow had come out with the Ultra before I bought the Pecrons, I would not have purchased the Pecrons with their 120VAC output. I would have purchased two more Ultra batteries. But it does give us more flexibility in that the Pecrons are portable, nothing over 40 lbs and we could lend them to good friends if the need arose. Timing is everything. So my total capacity is 33.8 Gross KWhrs and 27 KWhrs (equal to two Tesla power walls Net capacity) Net/usable based on 80% DOD. I love playing with this stuff! Seems like I've worked my Honda 7000i out of a job.

20240122_202509.jpg
20240122_202547.jpg

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Got the EcoFlow DeltaPro Ultra system set up...The Ultra is 70 lbs and the batteries are 120 lbs each. How wonderful it is to backfeed the house panel (with the proper panel manufacture's mechanical interlock in-place) with 240VAC instead of feeding a single phase 120VAC.

Seems like I've worked my Honda 7000i out of a job
This sounds really interesting! How much does it cost to get set up with a base unit with thoughts of adding additional batteries later on?

BVH

Flashaholic
$4999 with the early bird coupon (800 off) which is good through Feb 9. That's for the Inverter and one battery. List is $5799. Batteries are $2,799 now through Feb 9. List is $3,299. Then whatever costs necessary to tie it into your panel if you're going to go that way.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided to get a Ryobi Plus One inverter for my 18V batteries.

With a 6Ah battery, it ran my 55" TV (I measured with a Kill-a-watt at an 85 watt draw) for 55 minutes. I estimate that the inverter/battery combo delivered 74% efficiency.

1704034188101-png.png

On Sale:

Free Shipping Code = JANFREESHIP

Got two
Invert.jpg

Couldn't get this one to ship to home but is in some stores...
Invert2.jpg

Have this one sitting around unopened for a while... takes up to 18v if you have a battery pack to use instead of 15v cut-off like most inverters...
IMG_8394.JPG

Caught the 40v 6ah on sale for $87
IMG_8395.JPG

Nice new product for combining the 40v parallel to a 40v inverter with hot swapping batteries and diode to stop charging mis-matched batteries...
Etsy
Ryobi 40v 2.jpg

Ryobi 40v.jpg