Need serious thrower advice

efka

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

yes. it has be weapon mountable. In the picture is [FONT=宋体]UltraFire RL-2088 Raptor flashlight. I modify this flashlight and now mount it to weapon with quick release mount. To [/FONT]weapon stock I mount standard weaver rail. And now I can quickly add- remove flashlight from gun.

P.S. it is off-topic...
For hunting I use Norma Nosler Partition or Vulkan bullets. In competitions use Norma Golden Target cartridges. Results is excellent :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Are you including the DEFT in that statement?

You already know I'm not. ;)

For locating things in the dark though the narrow beam may not lend itself as friendly for detection. Also, we now know that it has to be weapon mountable.

efka, I can't think of a better light for this than the Raptor. It's not too big and is one of the best throwers available. The Raptor 3 is only a prototype so there's no telling when or if it will be available.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raptor throws the furthest

I concur. I just got the Raptor RRT-1, and compared it to my DBS V2(which used to be the boss thrower around here), and the Raptor handily whoops up on the DBS V2. I am a happy man:twothumbs I got mine at www.lightjunction.com . Ethan and Jay are great guys, and have taken very good care of me with all my purchases.

It is good for 500+ meters, and is weapons mountable.

Last edited:

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
Er.. nope. Raptor 1 has a slightly better throw than M2X, as far as the samples I've tested.

The Jetbeam Raptor 1 throws further than an Eagletax M2X P7 and M2XC4 3 x Q3, but it does not out throw the 3 x R2 version. Not in my experience and another chap on CPF who's thread i can't find at the moment.

The DEFT is the best L.E.D. thrower, however, if you want something quicker than the aspheric Tiablo A9 will meet your needs.

If you are determined to have something with more lumens than the Eagletac M2XC4 3 x R2 will meet your needs, or if you're up to a bit of modding, then you could instal three aspheric lenses in your Eagletac for super throw.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Andy, he needs it to be weapon mountable which wasn't mentioned up top.

Efka, the Raptor 1 throws the best but the M1X puts out double the overall light. Since you probably only need enough beam width to fill the FOV of your scope, I'd probably opt for the Raptor.

I would definitely not use any aspheric light because unless your light mount is X and Y axis adjustable, there's a fair chance that it won't be co-axial with your barrel and scope. You need a wide enough beam to compensate for a little bit of mis-alignment. A normal, "reflectored" light will allow some fudge factor.