NEW Lowes Task Force 3W "CREE" 2C 150+ lumens (Part 3)

Richie086

Enlightened
Tried to purchase one today but my Lowes only had the 30+ version and no 60+ packaging versions to be found. I'll try another time. I'm curious to see how it compares to my Dorcy 220 lumen running with my new Elite 1500 mAh Ni-MH batteries or my Husky 2D on fresh Energizers.

JermsMalibu

Newly Enlightened
Hello holm0299, I can't find the exact post(s) that talked about removing the washer (some of them called it an o-ring) right now. I'm about to head out but I can search more for you when I get back if needed. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in the last 4-5 pages of the "part 2" thread about this light.
You could always try it yourself real quick since it's really easy to take on and off. All you have to do is unscrew the part of the bezel that holds the optic in in order to show the LED. Then you just pull the little washer off (mine is clear plastic with some stickiness on the underside to hold it to the LED). Just pull it off and screw the bezel back on. If you don't like what happens to the beam, just put the little washer back on. Anywho, I'll check back later.

P.S. The link to "part 2" is in the first post of this thread.

Edited to add:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/182082&page=10 - post #286 and down a few. Post #288 said his hotspot is smaller and it throws better with the o-ring in but mine is the exact opposite. I know I read about that in a few other places too but there's no need reading all of them. :)
Also, from reading you'll find that you can bend the positive spring (in the head of the light) to allow AAs to work in it (with C adapters that is). You just have to bend part of the spring so that the big gaping hole in the middle of the spring is gone or has part of the spring going through the middle of it.

Last edited:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a couple of these a while back for my sons. I happened to be in the kitchen a few minutes ago and I am still impressed by the output. Are these still available? Also, have they been surpassed by anything of a similar price and availability with better throw and/or higher lumen putput?

alohanole

Newly Enlightened
I just went to my local store and they had about 6 of them in stock. They were on clearance to boot! $24.87 is the reduced price.

My 2-year old luxeon version quit working (bad tailcap switch), and I was too happy to trade it in on one of the upgraded models...lifetime warranty!

:twothumbs

1979lee

Newly Enlightened

JHCANDLEPOWER

Newly Enlightened
Digging up an old thread....

While looking to add an HID to my collection, I came across some descriptions of multi-LED lights closing in on HID (i.e. Olight SR90). Other than the Q5 swap, has anyone tried these multi-LED or any newer/brighter emitters than the Q5? My wife really likes the size of this 2C but it now pales in comparison to the newer models throwing 600 lumens.

Thank you

Carpe Lux

Newly Enlightened
I'm on my second one and will probably return it. For the price, it was pretty good as a bike headlight, but it stopped working after a couple of months. I took it back with the original box (no receipt) and Lowe's gave me a new one. but this one won't run on the exact same rechargeables I'd used on the first one. Just not good enough to mess around with it anymore. however, I'm real happy with Lowe's customer service.
Score: 1 for Lowe's, 0 for the light.

moodysj

Newly Enlightened
It's interesting that the packaging has been changed and the light output is now advertised at 120 lumens, less than originally advertised.

edpmis02

Enlightened
I returned one the day after I bought it. Used it only a few minutes. (After all the glowing talk about how wonderful it was for the price).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I use mine almost nightly around the home after getting it back when this topic began. The 2C batteries rattle just the tiniest bit. A few dark rings in the beam. But no artifacts. I've only changed batteries once since I began using it.

I'd buy one again, and recommend it to anyone looking for an LED beater that they can use around the house.

Latest posts