New Maglite 2C ML25LT

bridgman

Enlightened
I have to admit I have become less of a fan of candle mode since I realized it made a fairly crappy BBQ light. Ended up bringing out my Streamlight Survivor (for charcoal Weber where it can bounce off the lid) and Streamlight Dualie (for all scenarios) instead.

Glass breakers still seem like an important thing... I didn't worry so much when I was going ice fishing in a Plymouth Voyager with big mechanical windows, but now that I'm driving a Chevy pickup with smaller window openings and 6000 pounds of "I want to go to the bottom of the lake" it's something I think about more.

Reactions: xxo

ledbetter

Enlightened
Bought a 21700 adapter for 2C ML25 on eBay from some guy on east coast who makes them. Is he on here? Now I just need the flashlight! Thought I should have a light that could use C batteries just in case since I gave my last one away and still use C's in radios for emergency and travel.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to admit I have become less of a fan of candle mode since I realized it made a fairly crappy BBQ light. Ended up bringing out my Streamlight Survivor (for charcoal Weber where it can bounce off the lid) and Streamlight Dualie (for all scenarios) instead.

Glass breakers still seem like an important thing... I didn't worry so much when I was going ice fishing in a Plymouth Voyager with big mechanical windows, but now that I'm driving a Chevy pickup with smaller window openings and 6000 pounds of "I want to go to the bottom of the lake" it's something I think about more.
Would you have presence of mind, while your truck rear axle is submerged, going down a$$-end first fast..
First you need to locate Mag, then unscrew the tailcap to punch out side windows..
How long can you hold your breath in freezing lake water?
I'd get a few seat belt cutters that incorporate a hardened point at one end. I keep one clipped on sun visor at hands reach. Also keep one in rear passenger seat pocket for emergencies.

bridgman

Enlightened
It's a fair question - whenever I am knowingly driving on ice I have seat belt off, window open, ice safety picks handy and a sealed bag with wallet, phone and enough air to make it float handy. It would have to be a surprise scenario (eg off the road into the river) and in a lot of those cases I would have to get the car out of the water and drive home to get the Maglite anyways :confused:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I worked with a fellow who once had sold used cars in Michigan. He said the commute to work was a drag in summer. "Why summer?" I asked. He said in summer you had to drive on pavement for 30 more miles than winter, when you made a left drove across a frozen lake and cut the commute in half.

I ordered a glass breaker tailcap from litt industries. In case I ever decide to go ice fishing... they even have a dna sampler bezel ring for minimags.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ML25 with a diffuser and stand makes a real nice lantern – I use mine all the time during power outages, cook outs, camping trips or whenever I need a little more light.

FNg2tnp.jpg