New Malkoff Twisty

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
"This is a VME Head with a Twisty Body with flat end"

OK Thanks! I was looking at JSB's where they seem to only sell them as pieces, making the Malkoff deal better I think (didn't do the precise all-in calc). I'm guessing they are still working on the moving out the original heads though.

I think I do love that flat tail body.

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
I would like to get one of each. One with the lanyard stud and one without. I can always get the bulbs later. The reason I say that is just in case these are a limited run. Dang, I hate not having enough money.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
That really does look like a sweet light! :thumbsup:

Too bad I just spent all of my money on a Ti Quark, or I would probably snag one of these babies! :broke:

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
Got the email and forgot about it! This thread reminded me to get one. Hopefully will be my new edc. :party:

Can't wait for the wildcat.

tolkaze

Enlightened
Mmmm, nice little light, I only just got my last order in from Gene, so was delighted to see new gear... also can't wait for wildcat. I am thinking this little guy with a low flood for my keychain would be fantastic.

Oh yeah, and first post guys, long time reader, first time poster... be gentle

Viper715

Enlightened
Hello all, I got my Twisty in this morning. It is small. It has a very smooth twisty. The body is two parts and then the VME head. When it is off there was battery rattle but I used a little foam kinda like the EZ series lights and no rattle. A very nice light. I just need to pick up a M30WF now.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
Just received mine at work. I bought an M30 for it and am currently running it on a BS CR123. The plan is to run this with Battery Station's 900mah RCR123 cells. I will compare runtime vs. AW 750mah RCR123 when I can. The BS rechargeables are new to me, so I don't know what to expect.

Anyway, the light is well made and small. The head is relatively large for the reflector diameter, but since it's an optic, based on a SF drop-in, I knew it would be. As mentioned, it has very smooth threads. It will continue to screw in for an additional 720 degrees after the light comes on, but it doesn't need to in order to properly operate. When unscrewed enough to turn the light off, the battery rattles around a bit.

Since I intend to keep this light around the office in case I need to inspect or work on something, I bought the flat tailcap model. The lanyard model would be more useful for carrying. Well, that's the good, bad and ugly so far. Oh yeah, it's plenty bright -- even with primaries.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent!

Thanks for the little update!

Can you tell us if the very bold writing is still present on the head?

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
My wife is the photographer in our family. I could ask her to take pictures of my new light, but then there would be the hysterical laughter followed by the very serious "What new flashlight . . .?" I'll ask, but I'm hoping someone posts their own first (tonight, please)?!?

The BOLD lettering is present, unfortunately. I used a black Sharpie to apply about 3 coats of permanent ink to the bezel face, then wiped it off as best I could. This left the ink covering the white letters but cleaned up the light enough so it doesn't at all 'look' like I colored my flashlight. The end effect is that the lettering is now extremely subdued and is only really visible when viewing the end under direct light. The process is mostly reversible if you don't like the outcome. My opinion is that it is 100% improved by doing this simple fix. BTW, if it wears off, you can repeat at any time.

I have a AW RCR123 in the light now. I thought the slight rattling when 'off' would be less with the rechargeable cell -- it really is not. I can live with it for my purposes. For those who can't (EDCer's, etc.) simply wrap the battery with one thickness of thin paper -- rattle gone. Fixes it right up!

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your listening Gene, get rid of the BOLD Lettering, and I just might buy one of these, and a new M30W to go with it.......

Latest posts