New Malkoff Twisty

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi, TOTAL NOOB question...but the set up for these twisties, is it really as easy as ordering the 'valiant little twisty' and picking up an M* series drop-in from malkoff and just putting it together?

i guess i'm just wondering if there are other parts that are needed besides those two things (well besides the battery of course).

thanks.

You got it. Thats all you need.:twothumbs

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
i'm very excited. i just ordered the twisty with an M60!! i have an old surefire circa 2001 E series incandescent (i don't remember if it's E1 or E2, my dad has it now), will the m60 drop-in work? i'd rather not try it if it will break things. :confused: thanks again.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The Twisty head will work with the M60/E2 ok. The M60 will not be really good with the Twisty body, as the Twisty complete setup is better for the M60LL using an RCR123, or the M30 with an RCR123, or primary CR123.

Bill

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
I went ahead and asked Gene about the M60/Twisty set up, he said it'd be fine if I use a RCR123 instead of primaries; with a primary cr123 the output is around 40-50 lumens he said.

The M30 is more ideal and I would've opted to switch, but alas they are not available now. So I'll keep the M60 and see how it does with the twisty. If and when the M30 ever becomes available, I'll pick one of those up, too. :grin2:

brunt_sp

Enlightened
My twisty is on its way. Now I want Gene to produce an 18650 version. That would be a great alternative to his MD2. :hitit:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My twisty is on its way. Now I want Gene to produce an 18650 version. That would be a great alternative to his MD2. :hitit:

My Twisty with the M60 gets 15-20 minutes at full power using a Powerizer RCR123. BTW, the Twisty is made by our own Rothrandir, who heads up Valiant Concepts. Give Gene and Rothrandir (Jim) a nudge for a 18650 body. Would have to be designed differently for the much larger 18+mm body, but it would be nice and short, and would tail stand with the flat body.

Bill

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The m30w and twisty combo made the biggest smiley i all the forum :naughty:
Shutter speed 10 sek.
Picture%20016c.jpg

brunt_sp

Enlightened
My Twisty with the M60 gets 15-20 minutes at full power using a Powerizer RCR123. BTW, the Twisty is made by our own Rothrandir, who heads up Valiant Concepts. Give Gene and Rothrandir (Jim) a nudge for a 18650 body. Would have to be designed differently for the much larger 18+mm body, but it would be nice and short, and would tail stand with the flat body.

Bill
Yes I agree. I suppose what I'd like is an actual twisty version of the MD2. That way we could have the high/low switch in the head. According to the MD2 thread we are not alone in this way of thinking.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
I have one fitted with a Malkoff M60WLF and running from an AW R123 cell.

A cracking little light to have sat on your bed side table.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one fitted with a Malkoff M60WLF and running from an AW R123 cell.

A cracking little light to have sat on your bed side table.

Some days ago i ordered the M60WLF and a md2. I was planning on putting my m30w in the md2 with a 18650 and buy the hi-lo ring when available , and use the M60WLF in the twisty.
What runtime can i expect from the little twisty M60WLF+ rcr16340?

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
I did test this previously and from memory I think it was about 45 minutes before it cut out. It was certainly a decent amount of time from a single AW cell.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Scrap the 45 minutes, we just had a power cut for the past 5 hours, so my lights came in handy.

The run time of the M60WLF with a single AW R123 3.7v cell is 1 hour and 45 minutes prior to the light starting to dim :)

I knew it had 45 minutes in there somewhere.

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Works great with an E1E head and LF EO-E1R.

16.jpg

Now I must resist sending it to Milky to convert it to an 800 lumen Room Sweeper :devil:

Last edited:

Latest posts