---NEW--- Olight S15 Baton !

firelord777

Enlightened
Olight told me not to work on the review yet because they will be sending the production version soon:(

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight told me not to work on the review yet because they will be sending the production version soon:(

Tell them every one has there credit cards out for pre-ordering...and send them a link on the AA XTAR thats available right now http://www.xtarlight.com/05-chanpin/p-001-1.asp?styleid=260&style=New Arrival And let them know we are an impatient bunch...and almost broke. Just enough $$ left for one more light. That XTAR is looking pretty darn good...

So that disappointment aside, do you like the light?

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
Tell them every one has there credit cards out for pre-ordering...and send them a link on the AA XTAR thats available right now http://www.xtarlight.com/05-chanpin/p-001-1.asp?styleid=260&style=New Arrival And let them know we are an impatient bunch...and almost broke. Just enough $$ left for one more light. That XTAR is looking pretty darn good...

So that disappointment aside, do you like the light?

So far, yes, it's awesome. I would recommend you wait a bit:D

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Xtar flashlight looks great. Seems bulkier than the olight though.

From the specs the Olight is 6mm shorter. They both have the same max diameter at 23mm. Without knowing more the most notable difference is the low batt warning light...something I like. Only a 20 lumen difference in turbo output between the two according to the specs....280 vs 300. No moonlight mode on the XTAR...3 lumen min. No magnet in the XTAR...a usefull feature and something I like (although I understand not everyone does).

firelord777

Enlightened
I especially like the magnetic thing inside, it's really strong and I can put it on my refrigerator!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
One concern would be the heavy AR coating on the lens that has been giving the S10/S20`s a greenish tint. Wonder if thats been resolved...

firelord777

Enlightened
One concern would be the heavy AR coating on the lens that has been giving the S10/S20`s a greenish tint. Wonder if thats been resolved...

My sample doesn't seem green, it seems more like neutral white than cool white,

Cheers:)

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Trevilux

Enlightened
I'm considering buying a S15.
But I worry, does low battery indicator? Does overdischarge protection to "14500"?
I think they are important data for deciding to purchase.
Now I have those features in the zebra SC52 in XTAR WK41, SW C15a. For me to use lithium, have some alert it is important.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm considering buying a S15.
But I worry, does low battery indicator? Does overdischarge protection to "14500"?
I think they are important data for deciding to purchase.
Now I have those features in the zebra SC52 in XTAR WK41, SW C15a. For me to use lithium, have some alert it is important.

I don`t believe it has one...and I agree, at this point I find a low batt warning to be a very useful feature.

mactavish

Newly Enlightened
I don`t believe it has one...and I agree, at this point I find a low batt warning to be a very useful feature.

Hey "Badbeams":
I looked at the Xtar AA you referenced above (yours being the 123 version), and am very interested in what you think of yours, once you get it. I already have a Fenix PD 22, which takes the 123 battery, so I'm more interested in the AA version, as it also takes supports rechargeable lithiums, love the idea of a "low battery" light, and I have a bunch of tailcap On/Off switch lights, so a side button, like a traditional "old style" flashlight would be nice as well, plus it tailstands, which the PD 22 cannot do, the rubber tail button sticks out. Seems both the S15, and the Xtar are almost identical in price as well. Thanks for the link, never would have seen it otherwise. Let us know what you think when you get your version!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey "Badbeams":
I looked at the Xtar AA you referenced above (yours being the 123 version), and am very interested in what you think of yours, once you get it. I already have a Fenix PD 22, which takes the 123 battery, so I'm more interested in the AA version, as it also takes supports rechargeable lithiums, love the idea of a "low battery" light, and I have a bunch of tailcap On/Off switch lights, so a side button, like a traditional "old style" flashlight would be nice as well, plus it tailstands, which the PD 22 cannot do, the rubber tail button sticks out. Seems both the S15, and the Xtar are almost identical in price as well. Thanks for the link, never would have seen it otherwise. Let us know what you think when you get your version!

I posted some thoughts on it here...http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?365615-Review-request-Xtar-Sirius-series

mactavish

Newly Enlightened
Thanks "badbeams3", read the whole thread, sorry to hear of your switch problem. Since it was "new", that's obviously not a good sign. I'm assuming Olight might have a better track record. Guess I'll stick with my Fenix PD22 for now, though it's a bummer it does NOT support "rechargeable" 123 bats, only primaries, but that's like a lot of Fenix lights.

juplin

Enlightened
I've ordered one with the extender, hopefully the pill are not the same as the S10 and S20, as it is known to have a lower than average heat transfer capability.
The picture of S15's pill was provided by Chinese distributor of Olight.

http://www.shoudian.org/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=347036&pid=8133459
The pill of S15 is similar to that of S10 or S20, and is also pressed into the tube without threads.
The traces of friction on the surface of the pill should be the portions that actually contact with the tube to transfer heat.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Received my review-sample today. Will be working on a review the upcoming days :)

I will read it! :)

The UI on the S15 is great. I hope that Olight will intergrate the very same ui and with the same lockout function that the S15 has into the S10 and S20 at the same time when they upgrade them with XM-L2 diods.

Latest posts