---NEW--- Olight S15 Baton !

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine last week and am liking it! now the s20 is looking good too. Anyone have the new s20 yet?

I`m really enjoying mine too. Despite the lack of a low warning light, it`s one of those lights that, I find, are just plain fun to play around with...not sure why...but I find myself picking it up all the time. Have it in the two batt configuration right now. I`m especially happy with the low level output...very useable and I imagine it would run for a very long time.

I have an S20 on order from Going Gear. Could be here as soon as Monday...more likely Tuesday.

Last edited:

agent80

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about buying this one. But I'm worried about the clicky since they're prone to failure.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I am thinking about buying this one. But I'm worried about the clicky since they're prone to failure.

The clicky on my old S20 has not exactly failed,but it sometimes makes the light flicker. So far i have not had the light fall and hitting the clicky,but if that happened i wonder if the clicky would survive that impact. If it got subject to an hard impact it would for sure make the light flicker even more.

However on the new upgraded S20-L2,the clicky is redesigned. It´s no longer made of soft rubber,instead it´s made of hard plastic which i think makes it more reliable. A review about this light would tell more about that.

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
I have one as well and am liking it. Neat that they include the tube extension. The light has a pretty nice beam color.

BTW, the clip can indeed be reversed; it will protrude slightly past the head but can be used that way to carry lens down. Easier to press the tailcap with thumb to clip to pocket than making sure to press or hold just the lens ring with thumb and index finger.

Its reliable moonlight mode is nice for the nightstand. No accidental blindings so far.

Last edited:

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Just got the light. Pretty nice, but the PWM on low mode kills me. It's really noisy. Light feels like quality. Currently doing a Runtime test on 70 lumens, claimed 4 hours. I'm using a Sanyo Eneloop X, 2500 mAh.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the light. Pretty nice, but the PWM on low mode kills me. It's really noisy. Light feels like quality. Currently doing a Runtime test on 70 lumens, claimed 4 hours. I'm using a Sanyo Eneloop X, 2500 mAh.

I can not detect any PWM on any mode????

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Candle lamp's review of the light also showed no signs of PWM... (Incl long exposure "sweep" photos).

I got one coming in the mail.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I`m very interested in the run time, please post your results here.

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Strange. My S15 is very noisy on Low. Seems like i got a bad example :( Running the light on medium mode on 70 lumens With the 2500 mAh battery; About 3,5 hours With reasonable light, after that the light was very very dim (under 1 lumen) but was still going for another hour. I shut it off at 4,5 hours because the light was soooo dim. Just a little glow from the led, not usable. Light ran fine and pretty Bright to 3 hours, when it started dimming. After 3,5 hours it did shine just a few lumens. 4 hours is way overrated, especially using the Eneloop X battery. Do you think a 2000 mAh Eneloop would have been better? I cant understand how Olight ran the light on 70 lumens With a 900 mAh Liion, according to the specs...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange. My S15 is very noisy on Low. Seems like i got a bad example :( Running the light on medium mode on 70 lumens With the 2500 mAh battery; About 3,5 hours With reasonable light, after that the light was very very dim (under 1 lumen) but was still going for another hour. I shut it off at 4,5 hours because the light was soooo dim. Just a little glow from the led, not usable. Light ran fine and pretty Bright to 3 hours, when it started dimming. After 3,5 hours it did shine just a few lumens. 4 hours is way overrated, especially using the Eneloop X battery. Do you think a 2000 mAh Eneloop would have been better? I cant understand how Olight ran the light on 70 lumens With a 900 mAh Liion, according to the specs...

Maybe a unprotected 14500 that they murdered to make the 4 hour claim.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

You might want to return it...should not be making any sound. I have an S20 on order, thought it would be here today...but no go. According to Olight it has a low voltage warning light built into a new clear switch. Should be nice...

Trevilux

Enlightened
Received today. Beautiful and powerful NiMH, with extender is great.
But one problem, my Nitecore NL167 14500 does not work. My Zebralight 14500 does not work.
Only works with my unprotected 14500. But it has not low battery warning, of course I will not use with unprotected.

Df4ZtkG.jpg

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received today. Beautiful and powerful NiMH, with extender is great.
But one problem, my Nitecore NL167 14500 does not work. My Zebralight 14500 does not work.
Only works with my unprotected 14500. But it has not low battery warning, of course I will not use with unprotected.

Df4ZtkG.jpg

Interesting...it works with my Eagletac (a bit tight) and AW 14500, both protected cells. Are yours to fat or to long?

light-wolff

Newly Enlightened
My S15 doeen't work with intl-outdoor protected 14500 (Sanyo cell + PCB): they are a tad to fat.
And it doesn't work with unprotected 14500: flat top won't make contact to the pill because because of polarity protection ring.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
My S15 doeen't work with intl-outdoor protected 14500 (Sanyo cell + PCB): they are a tad to fat.
And it doesn't work with unprotected 14500: flat top won't make contact to the pill because because of polarity protection ring.

I'm baffled that they don't test these things before releasing a product.
It seems I have to wait for a revised edition of S15 with increased diameter. :fail: