New Pics And Member List Added "Chimera Mini" A "Flat" Edc with Built-in Usb Charging

hamheart

Enlightened
Re: New Pics And Member List Added "Chimera Mini" A "Flat" Edc with Built-in Usb Char

saber i think i am going to have to be in on this edc to, your draining my wallet with these great lights:devil:. :D

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Pics And Member List Added "Chimera Mini" A "Flat" Edc with Built-in Usb Char

I'm interested, please add me to the list. Can you post a picture of it in your hand for size reference?

Thanks

Here ya go !

Uhm, I have Big hands by the way...
InHand.jpg

MoneyShot.jpg

There are enough pics in the first post anyways..

I am working with a new machinist to get a CNC Prototype out to show
you all what a "Machine Made" version will look like :)

Last edited:

ledaholic

Enlightened

Thanks Sabrewolf! I thought I had a pretty good idea of the size until you said you put it in your jeans watch pocket. It is smaller than I thought, I like it!

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Sabrewolf! I thought I had a pretty good idea of the size until you said you put it in your jeans watch pocket. It is smaller than I thought, I like it!

The CNC prototype will be slightly bigger.. About 0.08" around the perimeter.
It needs to be that way to accomodate the oring seal under the lid.
But if i showed you both lights seperately, you wouldn't really notice.
I will have pics as soon as i can.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yowie, looks awesome! Might want to update the Cree Q5 mention in the first post, to Cree MC-E ...

Pls put me on the 'interest' list!

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yowie, looks awesome! Might want to update the Cree Q5 mention in the first post, to Cree MC-E ...

Pls put me on the 'interest' list!

Uh, Oh! Another Interested person?
What have i done!! Mwahahaha!

I will edit the post to reflect the Full Specs
and some better pictures once i have the
CNC Prototype in my hands and working.
But for now, some things can change :)

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought I was on the list could you fix that oversight on my part.:oops:
C

LED Boatguy

Newly Enlightened
Re: ITS ALIVE !! The "Chimera Mini" A "Flat" Edc with Built-in Usb Charging

Any Comments?

Simply awesome. I love those warm and/or high CRI colors.

Couple thoughts:

You said you're heating your basement with the clothes dryer discharge. It's an ELECTRIC dryer, right?

Please give that LiIon battery the attention it deserves, i.e., use a dedicated charging chip or at least something that follows the LiIon charging guidelines. Here's a good primer.

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ITS ALIVE !! The "Chimera Mini" A "Flat" Edc with Built-in Usb Charging

Simply awesome. I love those warm and/or high CRI colors.

Couple thoughts:

You said you're heating your basement with the clothes dryer discharge. It's an ELECTRIC dryer, right?

Please give that LiIon battery the attention it deserves, i.e., use a dedicated charging chip or at least something that follows the LiIon charging guidelines. Here's a good primer.

Yup Yup, the warm white is awesome!

The N.G. Dryer only emits water vapor as exaust. And my basement
is drafty anyways :)

As for the charging.. I have a charging I.C. specifically made for
li-ion/poly batteries incoorporated in the light :)

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow!

This is an impressive light!

A few thoughts:

1. The Mini is the way to go--please put me in for one!

2. For Sgt. LED's light name, how about "El Pasodoble"? (means "double step" in Spanish...)

3. I am excited about Titanium in part because of the general excitement about Titanium... but I would agree with FsTop and a few others that if a beautiful raw Aluminum version existed, especially at a lower price, this would be an extremely sexy version. Totally looking like a MacBook! Plus cheaper, easier to machine, and with almost 10x the heat dissipation properties...

Sabrewolf, this is some exciting stuff you have going on over there! What's crazy is that I have been hungry for some real innovation in lights and am just now discovering the custom community--it is just what the doctor ordered!

:grin2:

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow!

This is an impressive light!

A few thoughts:

1. The Mini is the way to go--please put me in for one!

2. For Sgt. LED's light name, how about "El Pasodoble"? (means "double step" in Spanish...)

3. I am excited about Titanium in part because of the general excitement about Titanium... but I would agree with FsTop and a few others that if a beautiful raw Aluminum version existed, especially at a lower price, this would be an extremely sexy version. Totally looking like a MacBook! Plus cheaper, easier to machine, and with almost 10x the heat dissipation properties...

Sabrewolf, this is some exciting stuff you have going on over there! What's crazy is that I have been hungry for some real innovation in lights and am just now discovering the custom community--it is just what the doctor ordered!

:grin2:

Pm'ed !

Haz

Enlightened

This is impressive, i like!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why SURE he does!:D When are we going to be testing and using them?:cool:

Karl

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why SURE he does!:D When are we going to be testing and using them?:cool:

Karl

Weeeelllll,
I have my machinist buddy workin on the Aluminum Ptototype
as we speak.. Once i have it in hand and asemble it, Then the
work will start on the Ti Consumer versions. I have some parts
on order for it too.. More batteries, Coolwhite/Warmwhite MC-E
leds too. It will be soon :) And a Passaround will be setup for
some lucky Cpf'ers to play with :twothumbs Here are some CNC Alu
Prototype pics to enjoy:
chim1.jpg

chim2.jpg

chim3.jpg

chim4.jpg

And NO, that is not Styrofoam! Its the way the light reflects off the sandblasted Awoominum :grin2:

Here is My Handmade Version to show the "CNC" difference :nana:
Insides.jpg

P.s. Can you spot the Lanyard hole :nana:

Last edited:

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened

I like this! What timescale we talking till end product? Just working out how much time id have to save.

Rob