New Pics And Member List Added "Chimera Mini" A "Flat" Edc with Built-in Usb Charging

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Pics And Member List Added "Chimera Mini" A "Flat" Edc with Built-in Usb Char

I like this! What timescale we talking till end product? Just working out how much time id have to save.

Rob

Shootin for a few weeks from now :)
There will be pre-pay orders going too.
And i will do a passaround when i have
an extra light to do so :grin2:

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Pics And Member List Added "Chimera Mini" A "Flat" Edc with Built-in Usb Char

Keep me posted, really like this and with the money clip its awesome, anyone wanna buy a kidney?:D

Rob

starship

Newly Enlightened

Sabrewolf,

Exciting stuff - please add me to the list!

Best regards

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you put me down for the pass-around.:wave:

I really like the way this is looking!!
Nice to see another light designed differently!!:thumbsup:

Excellent Job!:twothumbs

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I may have overlooked it a bit, but how did you plan to waterproof this light? Would there be a bead machined out of the main housing perimeter which would accomodate a gasket/o-ring type seal?

Also, at $350-ish I'm interested to be on the list if not too late of course. :rolleyes:

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Keep me posted, really like this and with the money clip its awesome, anyone wanna buy a kidney?:D

Rob

Unfortunately, i dont do Organ Trades :whistle:

Sabrewolf,

Exciting stuff - please add me to the list!

Best regards

Starship Added !

Can you put me down for the pass-around.:wave:

I really like the way this is looking!!
Nice to see another light designed differently!!:thumbsup:

Excellent Job!:twothumbs

I think i will do 5-10 members with a max time of 3 days each.
You all can do a writup and comparisons to your other Edc's
against the Chimera Mini for all too see. I guess the shipping
between each member will have to be insured. And "if" you
want to buy the light, then the shipping costs you incurred will
be deducted from the final price.. Of course you would need
to have the reciept from the shipment...
Still pondering it though :thinking:

I may have overlooked it a bit, but how did you plan to waterproof this light? Would there be a bead machined out of the main housing perimeter which would accomodate a gasket/o-ring type seal?

Also, at $350-ish I'm interested to be on the list if not too late of course. :rolleyes:

Added!!

The Entire top cover will have a silicone backing for water proofing.
There will be 5 screws in the top cover to secure it down.
And the light will be fully servicable by any capable person.
There will be options for the light, Ie,
A Money clip, Picatinny rail mount, Belt clip similar to cell phones,
A magnet mount, 1/4-20 mount for camera tripods, and a really
nice Handmade and embossed leather belt pouch. More to Come!!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool thanks for the add. May I humbly make the suggestion to please DO NOT USE phillips head screws for holding the cover on. On a light such as this (I know titanium isn't exactly exotic, but it's certainly nicer than aluminum :naughty:), nothing would chafe my skin more than having a cheap looking phillips head screw which could easily strip, or have the screwdriver head slip out and scratch the light. I'd advise either button-top or flush-countersunk allen or torx head fasteners for this light. My .02

XFlash

Enlightened

Love the idea and looks can I be added to the list.
Thanks

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool thanks for the add. May I humbly make the suggestion to please DO NOT USE phillips head screws for holding the cover on. On a light such as this (I know titanium isn't exactly exotic, but it's certainly nicer than aluminum :naughty:), nothing would chafe my skin more than having a cheap looking phillips head screw which could easily strip, or have the screwdriver head slip out and scratch the light. I'd advise either button-top or flush-countersunk allen or torx head fasteners for this light. My .02

The screws will be flush allen/torx.... Don't worry :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

The Entire top cover will have a silicone backing for water proofing.
There will be 5 screws in the top cover to secure it down.
And the light will be fully servicable by any capable person.
There will be options for the light, Ie,
A Money clip, Picatinny rail mount, Belt clip similar to cell phones,
A magnet mount, 1/4-20 mount for camera tripods, and a really
nice Handmade and embossed leather belt pouch. More to Come!!
:faint:

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened

No organ trades, what kind of light manufacturer are you?:laughing:

Im in anyway if you could add me to the list that would be grand!

Rob

Last edited:

Roboholic

Enlightened

I have been looking now since the start of this thread. This is a great out of the box design. I was not sure about the slim rectangular design until I remember that I always grab my Spy when I need a light. I also like the idea of being able to EDC a light in my back pocket. I like the idea of the all Al just for the cost difference.

Please add me to the list.

Thanks Rob

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been looking now since the start of this thread. This is a great out of the box design. I was not sure about the slim rectangular design until I remember that I always grab my Spy when I need a light. I also like the idea of being able to EDC a light in my back pocket. I like the idea of the all Al just for the cost difference.

Please add me to the list.

Thanks Rob

Your Added !!

scout24

Flashaholic

Sabrewolf-
Very interested- great to see thinking outside the box. Very impressive. Please put me on the list, and let me know about both versions, the TI as well as the AL. Thank you! Great looking light!
Scout24

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sabrewolf-
Very interested- great to see thinking outside the box. Very impressive. Please put me on the list, and let me know about both versions, the TI as well as the AL. Thank you! Great looking light!
Scout24

I PM'ed ya!

But the price diff between the Alu and Ti is not going to be very
significant... I will have more details in a couple weeks.. :popcorn:
Added to the List!!

:grin2::grin2:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast

chim1.jpg

Good gravy! Sabrewolf, you are an artist of the highest caliber!
Confession: I have been excited about this light but was not totally sure I would love it... I think somehow those initial hand-made prototype pics conjured the image in my mind that it would somehow lack polish... (totally unfair, I know, I know... but it was a tiny little sentiment)

Until now.

I am flabbergasted! The images are spectacular! This is really shaping up to be a legendary light! And your ideas are so cool and so cutting edge!! Anyways, not to sound like I am :bow: or :drunk: or
hammer-1.gif
, but
jawdrop.gif
!
I'm just
dancing5.gif

Thanks, Sabrewolf!
applause.gif