New Titanium Fenix

PayBack

Enlightened
People complaining that it handles the heat too badly to be left on for more than a few minutes are missing the whole point of the light... to impress the peasants.:p

I'd likely keep it in the fob pocket of my suit trousers as an emergency light, and to occassionaly impress the unenlighted.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Don't much care about Ti. These are gear/tools after all so marks on Al or Ti don't matter to me. Good to see an updated LED.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Glenn7 --

Thank you for that great link on How Titanium is Made.

:thumbsup:
_

HKJ

Flashaholic
Liteflux may have all the bells and whistles, but they do under perform in output and runtime. I'll stick with Fenix.

Walter

I wonder where you got that from, both LF2X and LF2XT are some of the most powerful AAA light and much more powerful than L0D/E01/LD01 (Of course LiteFlux has the advantage of LiIon, that is not supported by Fenix).

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder where you got that from, both LF2X and LF2XT are some of the most powerful AAA light and much more powerful than L0D/E01/LD01 (Of course LiteFlux has the advantage of LiIon, that is not supported by Fenix).

gotta agree on that. I love my Lf2Xt , especially in Ti.....the only ONE thing i cant stand about it is the stupid inductor whine. If not for that, it would probably be on my EDC...

Crenshaw

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
gotta agree on that. I love my Lf2Xt , especially in Ti.....the only ONE thing i cant stand about it is the stupid inductor whine. If not for that, it would probably be on my EDC...

Crenshaw
My main go-to light for quite some time now has been my LF2XT, and getting the titanium body only made me like it more! I've heard the whine, but only when holding it in my teeth... still, not really bothersome enough for me to not use it a dozen times a day! :D

strinq

Enlightened

People have used li-ions in the LD01 without problems and they are brighter than the litefluxs. but still love my liteflux. :)

The whine on mine is not perceptible unless u bring it really close to ur ear.

Budman231

Enlightened
Liteflux may have all the bells and whistles, but they do under perform in output and runtime. I'll stick with Fenix.

Walter

Runtime and brightness argument seems kind of moot given rechargable batteries and multi-level lights. If you need long runtimes set it to a lower level or carry extra batteries. I find it hard to believe that there are many folks that need to run a single cell light on blazing high for extended periods of time (>30 mins).

I like Fenix lights, just wish they would add customization features. The standard 3 static levels is old technology IMHO.

Budman

Pekka

Newly Enlightened
Wonder if it's current regulated brightness or epileptic 120Hz PWM.
And they do look awfully similar, I'm not sure I even got the nametags right...
kuinkaksimarjaa.jpg

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think some people do value the kiss principle.
Some people may find an "infinite variable" level to be too much of a headache.

I like Fenix lights, just wish they would add customization features. The standard 3 static levels is old technology IMHO.

Budman

headophile

Enlightened
Wonder if it's current regulated brightness or epileptic 120Hz PWM.
And they do look awfully similar, I'm not sure I even got the nametags right...
kuinkaksimarjaa.jpg

:laughing:

fenix still has dibs on the design though imo :nana:

personally, i don't like knurling at all, especially on small 'bling' lights which i like to be as sleek as possible. i like jetbeam's e3p for this reason. too bad they don't offer it in titanium.

Last edited:

cldcc

Newly Enlightened
seems as if it is the 2009 X'mas version.
just as the L0D SS last year.

I've ordered one in China, and I was told this light will be out in 3 days.