Notification from Chop

Darell

Flashaholic
Aw man. When I heard about New Orleans, I knew I wasn't going to be hearing good news from you. I sent an email a while back, and didn't hear anything, and the last two times I tried your cell, I couldn't get a "circuit." :(

I got to know Tony through our mutual Aleph building. We swapped tips, tricks, parts, knowledge. A more generous guy you aren't likely to find. Tony and I became friends in a hurry.

I don't have words for what I'm feeling. Do know that I'm thinking about you, Tony. Cash PayPal on the WayPal.

kubolaw

Enlightened
Hang tough Chop! Thankfully your family is safe. Other "stuff" generally pales in comparison.

Paypal sent!

John

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: Sorry to hear about your situation. Glad to hear you and your family are safe.

Topper

Flashaholic*
OK, I am at a loss for words other than to say I will help. I just saw this thread and now I will figure out what I can send and when (hopefully a little today) I am tapped out but I will send an E-mail or three and one PM to see if I can turn that around. If that does not pan out for me I will send something Friday at the latest. Believe it or not some folks from the Coast are here in Jonesboro AR and a local Church is providing shelter and local factories (at least the one I work in) took up money for them and we will bring food to work to donate to the local Red Cross for them. I do not know how many are here.
Topper

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty wolfen that was so kind of you.also ty everyone cpf rules .i hope chop is doing well today and know we love him and his family

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I've been getting paypals like crazy today. I don't know how to express my gratitude.

Thank you all. Very much.

I went from being screwed, to being in a position to be able to deal.

I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with the gas issue, but prices are up to about $3.50 a gallon with a $10 limit, here in Atlanta. I'm figuring that I'll need about 100 gallons to be able to get home and run a generator for any meaningful length of time.

I'm making arrangements to head back. I have a step son that wound up getting left behind and I haven't heard from him, so I've gotta get back. Once I get back on the road, things are going to get pretty primative, so I don't know when I'll have web access again.

Let me just say, once more, thanks to all. You donations and prayers are making a difference. A big difference.

I'll try to check back in again before I head back to sort through the mess. At this point I know that I have three trees down. Two hit my house, and the third hit my neighbor's house. I suppose it could have been worse. At least I haven't lost anyone, that I know of.

Thanks again guys,

I'll be in touch when I can.

Tony

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony let me say again sorry for your loss, but glad you and yours are ok. Unfortunately I don't have many funds right now to help out.
BUUUUT I do have a light for sale up int he mod B/S/T and all of the funds generated from it will go to you.

Hope you can come through this ok.
Prayers and good thoughts still coming your way.

Jeff
"mut"

jtice

Flashaholic
Great to hear from you again Tony.

I figure the trees arent as bad of damage as the water can be. :(
My thoughts are will you, and your family, I hope you all stay safe on your trip back.

~John

marcspar

Enlightened
Paypal enroute, Tony. Don't worry about the lights - take care of your family & the house!

Marc

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Tony when I heard that the hurricane was reaching your area I was very worried and I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. I have a couple of bucks left from my birthday. Can someone recieve my MO and forward it to Tony?

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags or anyone who does not have a PayPal account. You can send me your MO or check and I will forward the funds on to Chop or rick258 or any other CPF-er caught in this mess.

PM me for an address.
Wilkey

dbedit

Newly Enlightened
Chop,
I am a newbie and I have never had the opportunity to speak with you. With that said. I am expecting some funds in my PayPal account that I can transfer to you within the next few days. In the meantime I will be traveling through Atlanta tommorow 9-1-05 on my way to Birmingham, AL. and would love to give you some free Milk and Ice Cream coupons from the company I work for, (I can provide enough to get you and your family through however long it takes, you can get it in Atlanta but not LA). I travel so much that I also get a lot of hotel points and would like to take care of a few nights stay at a hotel, (Hilton properties) Hampton Inn = more nights for the points. If you will PM me I will give you my phone # and we can make plans if you would like.

Dennis