Official release date of the Surefire A2L...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Notice how they have bent the clip away from the tailcap on the A2L

I like the looks of the combat light!

Snow

Enlightened
I keep going back and forth on the A2L. The 120L high for 2 hours sounds attractive, especially after using my A2 heavily lately and running through so many batteries. On the other hand, I like the knurling and the incandescent main beam of my regular A2. I guess there's only one way to find out if it's good enough...:paypal:

Xanteen

Newly Enlightened
The A2L ain't out yet. There might be a few x##### floating around, but I have only seen the protos.

Personally, I think the LX2 and E2DL have stolen a lot of the A2L's thunder. I just did a backyard beam comparo and found the LX2 has about 10% more throw than the E2DL with a beam that's maybe 5% wider.

I used to hate the tight TIR beamshape, but it's grown on me. I'm interested to see what the reflectored beam looks like. :popcorn:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having receiced my first A2 just yesterday, I can say that I will definitely be getting the A2L!

I love the A2, and I will just have to get its LED brother!

DLaird8201

Newly Enlightened
Battery Junction has the A2L on there sight. I know thats not that interesting, but they list the ship dates for each color as well:naughty: The white has a date of 8/7/09. I'm still waiting to get my LX2(coming in this week) and now I am trying to justify not buying this light as well.:devil:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I think the LX2 and E2DL have stolen a lot of the A2L's thunder. I just did a backyard beam comparo and found the LX2 has about 10% more throw than the E2DL with a beam that's maybe 5% wider.

I hope the 120 lumens output for the A2L is conservative. I really do find the high output of the LX2 and the 4Sevens Quarks to be useful at times. Looks like the A2L show prototype has a SSC emitter like on the U2A. I love my U2's but the LX2 blows them out of the water when trying to spot wildlife in the woods behind the house. Still, the U2's have a beautiful beam and a great friendly user interface.

I've got a Kroma Mil-Spec but don't take it flying since the 50 lumens on white is a little anemic for preflighting a large aircraft. Also, the replacement cost is a little high, I do lose stuff as I travel sometimes.:(

I should let the smoke clear, read the reviews of the A2L and patiently wait until the price drops on eBay before getting one. That's what I should do.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.