Olight SR Mini Intimidator - 3000lm

RichJo86

Newly Enlightened
Ordered at Banggood. Package was good so isn't damaged with shipping. Will wait and see for a few days..
Contacted Banggood today, asked for replacement.
My bezel sits flush btw, no problem like the one on the budgetlight forum.

Capolini

Banned
Your opinion is not supported by the facts, though. Runtime is generally reduced, and hard-driven Vinh lights do heat up faster. This is physics, not a matter of opinion. There can be some small efficiency gains from his tweaks, but they certainly aren't large enough to make up for the higher drive levels.

This is not to say that Vinh's lights are anything other than awesome...but they do have advantages and disadvantages like anything else. If heat and runtime are your primary concerns, it does make sense to stay with stock.

So far,,w/ some nights in the mid Seventies,heat is a NON ISSUE with at least 3 of my Vinh lights. In fact, Two of them are so efficient that the run time difference[loss] was literally only a few minutes w/ my TK61vn/TK75vn!!! ;)

In temps 50F and below[at least 6 months out of the year] HEAT is a Non issue for ALL my Vinh lights! :twothumbs

:)

p.s I will have this light on Monday,,,,,,,Vinh version for a steal/sale price of $125!!!!

Last edited:

Severus

Enlightened
So far,,w/ some nights in the mid Seventies,heat is a NON ISSUE with at least 3 of my Vinh lights. In fact, Two of them are so efficient that the run time difference[loss] was literally only a few minutes w/ my TK61vn/TK75vn!!! ;)

In temps 50F and below[at least 6 months out of the year] HEAT is a Non issue for ALL my Vinh lights! :twothumbs

:)

p.s I will have this light on Monday,,,,,,,Vinh version for a steal/sale price of $125!!!!

Capolini that is what I tried to convey here earlier but they jumped at me like rabit dogs. Also Olight is having QC problems with this light so for me its a no brainer to buy it from Vihn since he verify that the product he sells work the way is supposed to.

Capolini

Banned
Capolini that is what I tried to convey here earlier but they jumped at me like rabit dogs. Also Olight is having QC problems with this light so for me its a no brainer to buy it from Vihn since he verify that the product he sells work the way is supposed to.

I agree. He improves the light not only in output, also by improving any factory defects that he may come across. :twothumbs

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Capolini that is what I tried to convey here earlier but they jumped at me like rabid dogs.

Was just a semantic thing. You said runtime difference was negligible. I was responding to that. If runtime is significantly less, as it is with most Vinh lights, I don't think you can call it a "negligible" difference. It may not be an important issue for some, but it is easily measured, and there are substantial differences. I'm a big fan of precise language, is all, and I get carried away sometimes. It amazes me that people still get so excited about a technical correction, which is all I meant to do.

Last edited:

JohnnyMac

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight SR Mini - 2800lm

I received my light from Banggood for review but I'm afraid it's not without issue. Taking it out of the package it has a rattle inside the head. It sounds like a small bead of solder rattling around or a piece of plastic. It's not the side switch rattling. There is no rattle from it. It didn't' seem to affect anything until tonight when it wouldn't turn on a couple of times. Both times I had to rap it against my leg to get it to turn on. I have contacted Banggood about a replacement light. We'll see what they say.

Anyway, I took a couple pictures of it alongside my SWM D40A. I wanted to compare the two because the format reminds me so much of the D40A and having them side by side I can see why. The Mini isn't much larger at all. ;)

14406275341_05c1d2d13c_z.jpg

14408516664_efb24b29d9_z.jpg

14429823983_954d66daa8_z.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic

I received my light from Banggood for review but I'm afraid it's not without issue. Taking it out of the package it has a rattle inside the head. It sounds like a small bead of solder rattling around or a piece of plastic. It's not the side switch rattling. There is no rattle from it. It didn't' seem to affect anything until tonight when it wouldn't turn on a couple of times. Both times I had to rap it against my leg to get it to turn on. I have contacted Banggood about a replacement light. We'll see what they say.
My brother has contacted BangGood because of the flickering problem, in the Low mode. Some 'flashlight-expert' as he calls himself, wanted a video. So we made a video, send it to him.. and now 4-5 days later.. still waiting on a answer.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Banggood unit, not FREE as your review sample Johnny!, came with an issue too. Taking it out of the package it is really dirty inside the tailcap, not shiny as it would be after a thorough cleaning with alcohol pads, and the stainless steel bezel was really dirty and greasy too. With a loupe i could also detect a small anodization imperfection, 1mm² size. It didn't' seem to affect anything until tonight when i wanted to play with it and the dirty parts totally turned me off, more than a couple of times. This situation really spoiled my mood. And i don't have the time, energy, mood nor tools to give the affected parts a professional cleansing, sorry! I have contacted Banggood about a replacement light. We'll see what they say. Since it is NOT a FREE sample, i feel even more so entitled to ask for a FREE replacement light.

And of course like Johnny i am going to keep the original shipment, if BG agrees to send out a replacement light. :)

Because it would be too expensive to return the sample to Banggood China Shenzhen Hongkong. I shouldn't be made pay for their fault, unless they too offer to cover the return shipment costs.

Last edited:

Dubois

Enlightened

I've seen a lot of Olight lights on sale at very good prices recently - maybe the lack of attention to QC explains these low prices. Think I'll pass on the Mini.

Hopefull Banggood will put things right for those of you with problems - I'm sure they will.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

Very poor,dont think banggood re-check their lights from manufacturer but you would expect olight or who ever to get their QC sorted...............seems more and more recently in general:rolleyes:

Normally i get my stuff in 2 weeks,sometimes 3,been refunded after some 16340 cells never turned up after a patient 8 weeks wait..............

Still no fenix from around 7 weeks and has tracking.............only problem is............yep cant track it,shows sent to UK on 24th May,so patience will run out next week.Is a different matter as its to do with delivery and asked if anything had changed .The reply after telling them my confidence is lacking "please be patient mr..........". Till its sorted i wont be ordering anything else from them ! and they know from a constructive and criticizing mail(original ordered placed on 5th May:eek:. Delivery seems like CN .............too long

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've never bought anything from banggood, but a quick look at the website gives me the impression that I wouldn't be surprised to find that they somehow got their hands on the lights that failed Olight's QC...

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one of these that I'll be reviewing before too long. I haven't yet had much time to mess with it, but so far I don't seem to be having any if the issues some of you are. I'll be specifically looking for rattles and flickering though when I write it up.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Does this light has a huge wide floodbeam?

Is it worth buying?

I still not have seen many reviews of it.

sbrom

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight SR Mini Intimidator - 2800lm

UI question:

Can the "TURBO" mode be accessed directly from the "OFF" state?

In other words, from "OFF" can you press & hold the switch to enter "TURBO" mode, or must the light be "ON" first?

Thanks,
Steve

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: Olight SR Mini Intimidator - 2800lm

UI question:

Can the "TURBO" mode be accessed directly from the "OFF" state?

In other words, from "OFF" can you press & hold the switch to enter "TURBO" mode, or must the light be "ON" first?

Thanks,
Steve
Light must be ON.