P60 Turbo head Shoot out with lux readings.

recDNA

Flashaholic
So all your TLS measurements were with a Surefire 6P host or a TLS host? Where do you get TLS products? Looks cool.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
So all your TLS measurements were with a Surefire 6P host or a TLS host? Where do you get TLS products? Looks cool.

For the readings where I mentioned TLS 2.5in, I used the TLS hosts. Some of those pills required 2 18650's and I do have the TLS 18650 ext too.

I never used the 6P hosts w/TLS 2.5in bezel for tests, the picture is just to show how it legos.

bigC

stallion2

Enlightened
Aaahhh! I don't get it. What's the inference?

inference to what? the bathroom comment? if thats what you mean i was merely addressing that i found it ironic that i finally caught on to what JC meant but only while i was, well...sitting on my throne.

sfca

Enlightened
inference to what? the bathroom comment? if thats what you mean i was merely addressing that i found it ironic that i finally caught on to what JC meant but only while i was, well...sitting on my throne.

Hahaha I gotcha.

With the T20C2 R5 5M rating so high and with comments I've seen that it throws equally as far as the R2, I'm just going to assume that the light-reviews numbers (Mark II drop 50% in lux from Mark I) are incorrect.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished the 5 meter LUX readings on these lights:

• Masterpiece P60 Turbo head w/ R2 = 1,947 lux
  • Skyline I w/ R2 = 800 lux
  • Skyline II w/ R2 = 527 lux
  • EagleTac P20A2 XP-G R5 = 134 lux
  • EagleTac T20C2 XP-G R5 = 626 lux
  • Xtar TZ-50 SST-50 = 806 lux
Please note that only the Eagletac lights have AR Coated lens.

Is that the T20C2 with OP or SMO reflector? I'm really curios what both would do at 1 meter as I'm trying to decide which T20 MKII to get. I have the P20C2 MKII with smooth reflector and I am curious what that does compared to the 13k of the OP reflector. Thanks your input is very valuable.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that the T20C2 with OP or SMO reflector? I'm really curios what both would do at 1 meter as I'm trying to decide which T20 MKII to get. I have the P20C2 MKII with smooth reflector and I am curious what that does compared to the 13k of the OP reflector. Thanks your input is very valuable.

They look OP to me.

I been thinking of doing another lux thread with small lights. This time we know I have to use 5 meters and calculate back for more consistant and accurate readings.

After testing small Optic Surefire Lights I must say it puts these big DBS and P60 lights to shame in terms of throw.

bigC

recDNA

Flashaholic
They look OP to me.

I been thinking of doing another lux thread with small lights. This time we know I have to use 5 meters and calculate back for more consistant and accurate readings.

After testing small Optic Surefire Lights I must say it puts these big DBS and P60 lights to shame in terms of throw.

bigC

1) I never heard of TLS. Where would I get one?

2) In order to test the Nailbender I assume you had to somehow break the glue that holds his pill in his reflector then screw the pill into the TLS?

3) 27,000 Lux at one meter from an XP-G R5? I'm amazed! That easily beats my Eagletac T20C2 R2 version. Heck, it beats a TK40 and is in the same ballpark as an M2XC4

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) I never heard of TLS. Where would I get one?

2) In order to test the Nailbender I assume you had to somehow break the glue that holds his pill in his reflector then screw the pill into the TLS?

3) 27,000 Lux at one meter from an XP-G R5? I'm amazed! That easily beats my Eagletac T20C2 R2 version. Heck, it beats a TK40 and is in the same ballpark as an M2XC4

The TLS is a good bezel, but its huge and not pocket friendly (my pockets) at all.

If you think these are amazing, imagine similar performance with small KL4 type of bezels without aspherics:eek: I will start a new thread when I get the parts and data together.:thumbsup:

recDNA

Flashaholic
2.5 inches isn't THAT bad.

I'd throw the bezel in my glove compartment and switch bezels on my 6P when I need more throw. I'd just buy an extra pill using the best thrower FOR the TLS IN the TLS.

From their website I can't tell what the "TLS Bezel" is. Does it have a model number?

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
2.5 inches isn't THAT bad.

I'd throw the bezel in my glove compartment and switch bezels on my 6P when I need more throw. I'd just buy an extra pill using the best thrower FOR the TLS IN the TLS.

From their website I can't tell what the "TLS Bezel" is. Does it have a model number?

That is what I thought too, but the TLS 2.5in Turbo head on a 6P delivers intermitent contact via the C to M adaptor setup. I don't like that at all. Also the TLS desperately needs a UCL lens, but does offer tons of throw and works perfect on M-series lights.

The DBS Turbo head in smooth is nicer because it comes with a UCL lens, no C to M adaptor, and the P60 pills screw on tighter fitting to the reflector.

I was going to keep my TLS bezel, but it needed alot of upgrades to make it perfect for me and I just gave up on it.

bigC

recDNA

Flashaholic
Too bad. It had better throw than the DBS and that's the name of the game. "Intermittent contact" is enough to scare me off.

red02

Enlightened
13k lux for the DBS seems way low... was it an OP reflector?