Pelican HA3 vs streamlight 2L

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
According the LEDMuseum review, this draws about 330ma on fresh batteries. That's roughly 2 watts to the LED assuming a 100% efficient regulator.:thinking: That's not a lot for a tactical Lux3.

Has anyone compared their PM6 HA3's output to that from a McLux PR, PR-T or Aleph1 head? AFAIK they use basically the same reflector (although McGizmo's is supposed to be more efficient). Are these as bright as a "T" binned Lux3 at 750ma in an Aleph1, for example?

Jon

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
buba said:
I picked this up also. Very handy addition to the M6. I noticed the SF A2 and SF L4 could also fit this case if anyone is interested.

FYI:
I did have to call Kevin and get trained on triming 1/2 loop from the bazel spring to get the lockout tailcap to work without exposing the o-ring. The cutoff wheel of my dremel made short work of it. I guess some of the early units (SN: 059) had over achieving springs installed.

Impressive light and combo :grin2:

I Have SN #56, and it doesnt expose the O-ring in lock mode.

-David

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
My gladius has wider hot spot and wider sidespill. Both lights can throw same distance. I live on 16 floor of apartment and I can see the M6 light beam hitting the ground despite bright incandescent light in the background. My gladius definitely has larger hotspot but the beam seem more blueish at close range. I don't notice the bluish color at distance.

The PM6 HAIII has excellent construction compare to gladius because gladius has thin ceramic coating which is easily scratch. Gladius tail cap is different from M6. However, I just test my M6 with CR123A 3.2V rechargeable batteries from JS burley; and the M6 runs just fine if I twist the bezel to turn it on. strange thing ??? I now at least have M6 as backup for Gladius.

I sent my Gladius back to blackhawk for repair of tail cap. something is wrong with it. I am still waiting for it. I am getting anxious for it. I feel like a dad waiting for his new born baby to arrive into this world. I am sweating like crazy. I constantly pace back and forth; wiping my eyebrows with a towel. :rock: :sweat:

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I purchased #341 a few weeks ago and the pelican 1040 case with the pelican M6 cutout. I replaced my pelican M6 lithium with the Ha3 for work. I'm still on the first set of batteries, although I notice a difference. I'm new to this forum and the terms, but I didn't notice a noticable reduction of light like I did with the M6. Has anyone done a test on the useable timetable of the light? Does anyone else carry it for work? has anyone else replaced a regular light with an led? I carry it on my belt with an ultrastinger or a pelicn
M11 in a lazy strap for a bit more serious light.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geddinight said:
I purchased #341 a few weeks ago and the pelican 1040 case with the pelican M6 cutout. I replaced my pelican M6 lithium with the Ha3 for work. I'm still on the first set of batteries, although I notice a difference. I'm new to this forum and the terms, but I didn't notice a noticable reduction of light like I did with the M6. Has anyone done a test on the useable timetable of the light? Does anyone else carry it for work? has anyone else replaced a regular light with an led? I carry it on my belt with an ultrastinger or a pelicn
M11 in a lazy strap for a bit more serious light.

You mean you didn't notice a reduction in light as the batteries died down?
That's because the 3 Watt M6 is regulated. lol

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
ha... well. thats nice to here, but mine has become less bright than my M6 LED, and I have hardly used it.

-David

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
As I'm new to some of these terms, like regulated, I'm wondering if someone can point me in the direction of definitions of some of the more common ones.

not2bright

Enlightened
cheapo said:
ha... well. thats nice to here, but mine has become less bright than my M6 LED, and I have hardly used it.

-David

cheapo,

There must be something seriously wrong with your flashlight. I have used mine a fair amount and it is still brighter than the PM6 1W LED. Not to mention that if the PM6 1W LED were used for that same period it would have tapered off by now as well.

Did I mention the beautiful tint of the 3W. :)

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:

-David

First, was it brighter than your Lux I to begin with???

some good binned lux i's (if overdriven) can outpermorm a low bin of lux iii i think....correct me if i am wrong.

second, lets assume you lux iii was brighter than your lux i. what type a batteries is you using? brand?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LuX III was brighter in the beginning. And I may have used the M6 3W for 45 min, and it is about as bright as the Lux I that has been used for a while too, maybe it is the batterystation batteries.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
45 minutes is acually pretty good runtime at near full output, especially considering the lux iii version starts at around 50 lumens. the only concern i still do have is that your lux iii fell below your lux i with both being used same amounts of time...given your lux iii is regulated, this does not sound right unless maybe the lux iii emitter is from a bin that isn't efficeint and is using lots of power to achieve its output?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Surefire batts in the Lux I though. Maybe I have used the 3W for a while, but I really dont think so.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep, the batts were the problem, I switched that batteries and the 3W was much brighter. But I still havent used it that much for it to dim down, I guess Surefire batts are better.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remind me.. do R123s have more or less runtime than Cr123s?

-David

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Longbow said:
I also find Surefire batteries to noticeably outperform Batterystation.

are you referring to regular lithium batteries or rechargeable cr123 from both vendors?

Latest posts