POB HID question

Thor20003

Newly Enlightened
I received a couple of the SAM's HID lights. On one of them, when charging, the red led indicator never goes to green showing fully charged.

Any ideas on why this is or if it is going to damage the battery? Everything else on the light seems to work fine.

Thanks
Todd

Patriot

Flashaholic
I received a couple of the SAM's HID lights. On one of them, when charging, the red led indicator never goes to green showing fully charged.

Any ideas on why this is or if it is going to damage the battery? Everything else on the light seems to work fine.

Thanks
Todd

If the indicator never goes green it probably means that the battery sat too long in a warehouse without a maintenance charge. To make sure that it's the battery and not the charger, switch charging plugs with the other light. To verify that it's not the circuitry in the light you could switch batteries between the two lights. You could just do a run-time test and see how much performance loss there is, if any, and then decide if you can live with it or not. A new battery is about $30 bucks.

Thor20003

Newly Enlightened
What will happen to the battery if it never goes to "float" mode? Will it lessen the life of the battery?

Thanks

Thor20003

Newly Enlightened
I'm doing a run test on the one with charger problems and it is at 100+ min right now and still going. I may keep this one. :thumbsup:

When it finally runs out, I will recharge and try it side by side with another one.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm doing a run test on the one with charger problems and it is at 100+ min right now and still going. I may keep this one. :thumbsup:

When it finally runs out, I will recharge and try it side by side with another one.

A 100 minutes is terrific! Maybe the full discharge and recharge will condition the battery back into shape as BVH mentioned.

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
I would expect you could mount several handguns on this light if you spread them around the perimeter of the reflector. You just need to find a way to pull all the triggers simultaneously. :thinking:

KuoH

Speaking of the POB HID, does anybody know where to find a handgun mount for this light?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Speaking of the POB HID, does anybody know where to find a handgun mount for this light?

:eek:

Yeah, "Monstrosity Mounts" has some nice Cro-mo steel mounts in HA finish and they make a particularly nice POB mount for the North American Arms .22 revolver:

NAA22mag.jpg

:nana: :kiss:

BMF

Enlightened
Originally Posted by Thor20003

Thanks
Todd

You're lucky. I got the same one but it didn't even light up when I switched it on. And because it's an auction item I couldn't exchange to get the new one, actually they don't look new to me just like a returned product IMO, I have to return it and bid another one.

This second one didn't even take the charging plug. As soon as the plug is in the slot the light started to click continuously until I unplug it. And for the same reason of an auction item I got to return and bid another one. Waiting for it now and hope it'll fine.

Thor20003

Newly Enlightened
On the one that just clicked, that was just that one of the battery terminals had came off. I had that happen to two of mine. Easy fix.

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
If the indicator never goes green it probably means that the battery sat too long in a warehouse without a maintenance charge. To make sure that it's the battery and not the charger, switch charging plugs with the other light. To verify that it's not the circuitry in the light you could switch batteries between the two lights. You could just do a run-time test and see how much performance loss there is, if any, and then decide if you can live with it or not. A new battery is about $30 bucks.

You know.........you just created a scenario at My house. Since I had this oppurtunity;

IMG_2600Medium.jpg

after reading your post I'm feeling like I should be going thru and charging up each one of them to give it that "maintenance charge". I'll just use My current in-use POB charger and make sure the battery in each one registers "green" .

So far all the units that have found new homes worked just the way they are supposed to!! Thank goodness the count is down by six now so I'll not be charging all day long!!

Patriot

Flashaholic

So far all the units that have found new homes worked just the way they are supposed to!! Thank goodness the count is down by six now so I'll not be charging all day long!!

C'mon Myron.....I know that you have more than one outlet over there. :poke:

I'm glad to see you posting again too. That must mean things are going better on your side. I didn't want to call you with what you had going on....

P.S. I love that picture with the lights stacked in the cart...lol. I think I see a couple of mine there! :grin2:

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
C'mon Myron.....I know that you have more than one outlet over there. :poke:

I'm glad to see you posting again too. That must mean things are going better on your side. I didn't want to call you with what you had going on....

P.S. I love that picture with the lights stacked in the cart...lol. I think I see a couple of mine there! :grin2:

Well Paul.........I do have more that one outlet.....however only one "in use" charger since all I've got "in use" is one POB.......the rest are NIB.

Yeah.......things are going better.......what a weekend that was..........dang!!

P.S. you have a very sharp eye to have spotted your two in the shopping cart!!! :poke::D