Puke inducing flashlight

Marduke

Flashaholic
If you read the original thread (link above) you'll see that the idea is different wavelengths of light at varying frequencies, which for most people will cause a nauseating sensation. Sure, you can close your eyes to avoid any effects, but how are you going to cause trouble if your eyes are closed?? Did you really expect anyone in the crowd to show any effects after being indirectly flashed for all of 2 seconds?

Bushman5

Enlightened
If you read the original thread (link above) you'll see that the idea is different wavelengths of light at varying frequencies, which for most people will cause a nauseating sensation. Sure, you can close your eyes to avoid any effects, but how are you going to cause trouble if your eyes are closed?? Did you really expect anyone in the crowd to show any effects after being indirectly flashed for all of 2 seconds?

bingo...prety hard to act out if oyu have to close your eyes all the time to avoid upchucking.....

I will admit though...as interesting as the wavelength flashlight is, it does'nt beat the low frequency sopunder that some militaries and police use to make people completely lose control of their bowels, even if they plug their ears... :whistle:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I saw a tv show about that audio thing and apparently it really works. The main problem righ now is that it's fairly large and not usable as an EDC device.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I saw a tv show about that audio thing and apparently it really works. The main problem righ now is that it's fairly large and not usable as an EDC device.

Bushman was making a reference to the mythical "brown note", which doesn't exist. The new system deployed in Iraq is just plain old LOUD, and extremely directional. If you cross two systems at one person's stomach, then you get some interesting effects.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
bingo...prety hard to act out if oyu have to close your eyes all the time to avoid upchucking.....

I will admit though...as interesting as the wavelength flashlight is, it does'nt beat the low frequency sopunder that some militaries and police use to make people completely lose control of their bowels, even if they plug their ears... :whistle:
Nice. Brown noise. Black Water.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Why not? I mean, they sell the Taser x26 to general public and this flashlight is certanly less harmful:candle:

OddOne

Enlightened
Does someone know if this flashlight will be available to civilians too?

One will be, but it won't be the clunky junk he was waving about.

As for the video of the unit operating, well, let's just say there are others working on this concept and they have better solutions... (I could say more but there'd need to be some NDAs involved. ;) )

oO

Marduke

Flashaholic
Why not? I mean, they sell the Taser x26 to general public and this flashlight is certanly less harmful:candle:

The taser x26 was a civilian weapon to start with (mainly for when firearms would be illegal to purchase, own, or carry), and is one-on-one. The puke light is more of a crowd control tool. Imagine if someone stood in front of a movie theater and turned it on. By the time people figured out what it was and to look away, the damage would be done... :barf:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Oh my brothers..."

"I began to feel really sick. But I could not shut my glazzies. And even if I tried to move my glazz-balls about, I still could not get out of the line of fire of this picture."

:sick::shakehead;):sigh::crazy::sick::sick2::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course that line could only come from A Clockwork Orange.

I doubt this item would be for sale to citizens, unfortunately. It is mostly up to the company. Then the governments can try to restrict sales by law.

Some companies only want to deal with government contracts. I get the feeling from the articles that the developer of this device has that intent.

Pepper spray also has a mass effect of blinding and debilitating people and is widely available. It also works in full daylight.

Taser has some interesting controls on its sale to citizens--unique in my experience.

Last edited: