Puke inducing flashlight

Marduke

Flashaholic
Re: Flashlight Weapon Makes Targets Throw Up

Just playing around, I took a white, red, blue, and green Inova Microlights with fresh batteries (yes, I have all four, 2 for 1 special... :whistle: ) and set them all to strobe. They were all just out of sequence from eachother, and seems to have an ever so slightly different strobe frequencies for each light. Looking at the business end of this, the first thing that comes to mind is "WOW, now that's annoying!!" You definitely want to look away from the contraption. And this hasn't had years of tuning and research to get any real effect out of it!

This got me thinking about the "puke-ray." Even if the effect wasn't immediate, or the person just closed their eyes to avoid the effects, how are you going to confront the holder of the vomit light if you are closing your eyes or looking away? Shine this sucker inside of a confined prison cell, and it wouldn't take long for the occupant to either start whining like a baby, or at least settle down trying to hide their face in their bunk. As a tool, certainly seems like it has it's niche.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I think you meant :thumbsdow

That was silliness, at least on camera. But the audience heckling him was at least the 2 minutes of my life.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two minutes I'll never be able to get back!!

T..H..A..N..K..S>>> A..L..O..T

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody who has seen Scanners, A Clockwork Orange or Robocop would have higher expectations of a military/science demonstration--exploding heads, machine gunned executives, shoe licking killers and topless models. Oh well, reality isn't quite as exciting.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
C'mon guys, were you expecting an entire group of spectators swimming in vomit?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Old news,

(Moderator note: Thanks for the link, like threads merged & inactive link removed.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Old news,

(Moderator note: Thanks for the link, like threads merged & inactive link removed.)
Indeed, as I said some of you might already know it:grin2:
Btw the video showing it functioning is brand new ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
This seems like it would be harder on the police than the suspects.

They are going to have cuff them and ride in the car with them.

Who knows what kind of AIDS or hepatitis or other disease is going to be in that puke?

d1337

Enlightened
Misleading... I thought that this was going to be a thread about the ringy beam on the on MagLights.:green:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could see this being used on protesters. If you just wanted people to leave, making them sick might convince them to go. If they leave, you don't have to cuff, pat down, and transport a large group of puking people.

Last edited: