Questions for Lumapower IncenDio´s owners + First impressions!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you can see in this picture Incendio is definitely much smaller than NDI:

Incendio's beam has a warmer tint (Q5 WD VS. Q5 WC) and is less throwy. Indeed Incendio has been designed for a different purpose and I would say that both lights fulfill their promises. :thumbsup:

BTW with an Ultrafire 16340 my Incendio loses the low level and has just medium and high while with a 3.0V RCR123A all levels remain the same as with a primary. Anyone else has seen this? :candle:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kilovolt

In this picture, your IncenDio is ON or OFF ?

Mine just can tailstand when it´s ON... When OFF, the rubber of the tailclickie makes a tiny point out of the metal body. I´m asking because in this pic it´s tailclickie is totally plain!

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
Kilovolt

In this picture, your IncenDio is ON or OFF ?

Mine just can tailstand when it´s ON... When OFF, the rubber of the tailclickie makes a tiny point out of the metal body. I´m asking because in this pic it´s tailclickie is totally plain!

I think it's actually standing on the bezel - then again, I don't have one so I could be wrong. Looks like a real nice size when compared to the NDI.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW with an Ultrafire 16340 my Incendio loses the low level and has just medium and high while with a 3.0V RCR123A all levels remain the same as with a primary. Anyone else has seen this? :candle:
I'm using the Ultrafire 16340 in mine and all the modes work fine. And they're suppose to.

What do you get? Two mediums and a high or two highs and a medium. Something is not right.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using Ultrafire RCR's in mine and works fine.

Kilovolt - that is a great picture to get size reference. The NDI is one of the slimmer AA light too.

Last edited:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes ........... this is true.

Potential buyers ........ be...aware.

Don't say we didn't tell you.

We're telling you...........cause nobody told us

:welcome:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my Incendio the GITD rubber boot protrudes very sligtly from the body when the light is off so that it wobbles a bit when tailstanding. Once the light is on the rubber is flush.

As I said all is well with primaries and RCR123A 3.0 V. With Ultrafire 16340 cells I get high at the first press, medium at the second and a very short flash at low followed immediately by high again. In other words it is not possible to use the low level with these batteries. Voltage of the cells is around 4.10 V. It is just slightly annoying to me and I will be using only 3.0 V batteries.

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
My tail switch is so deep that it tail stands while in off position. It's a little awkward to switch on and off, especially if you have BIG hands.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kilovolt Quote :
BTW with an Ultrafire 16340 my Incendio loses the low level and has just medium and high while with a 3.0V RCR123A all levels remain the same as with a primary. Anyone else has seen this? :candle:[/quote]

Mine does not do that. My IncinDio works just fine on all levels with ANY type of 16340 rechargeable that I can put into it.

Yours is the very first report I've heard like that. Try a diff. 16340 (4.18v) if you have one. If it still does it - I think you may have a defective light.

:popcorn:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the meantime I have discovered that the circuit of my Incendio has a threshold at approx 4.0 V under which voltage all the levels operate correctly. With a freshly charged 16340 I lose the minimum. It is exactly the same behavior of my Fenix P2D on a 3.0 V RCR123: it loses the lowest level. :rolleyes:

After a few minutes of use the battery voltage drops at around 3.95 V and all the levels are back. I am surely not returning this nice light to the other side of the earth to have a new one back after 4 weeks and discover I don't like the tint of the new LED.....:naughty:

The simplest way out seems to leave the light on for a few minutes after changing the battery so its voltage drops a bit. Or to use a 3.0 V RCR123. Or to use a primary. Or to forget the lowest level for a while. Or.......:thinking:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
My tail switch is so deep that it tail stands while in off position. It's a little awkward to switch on and off, especially if you have BIG hands.

That´s what I said in a previous post. But my rubber GITD tailclick protudes a little when it´s on OFF position, so it can tailstand, but looks like the TOWER OF PIZA! Just on ON mode that it can tailstand perfectly.

And, that was what I meant when I said the tailswitch is "deep". I have big fingers, and you have to press the buttom deeeeeep to turn it ON.

kbrd

Newly Enlightened
So... Is there no way to attach this light to a keychain?

geek4christ

Enlightened
So... Is there no way to attach this light to a keychain?

There's not a good way to, by design, I would imagine. You could put a small split-ring on the pocket-clip and attach that to your keys, but it would be awkward to use that way. At any rate, I think this light was meant to be clipped to something or to be rolling around in your pocket or carried in the holster.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a lanyard attached to the clip.

It´s was not FANTASTIC, but it´s fine... :grin2:

RdlyLite

Enlightened
My impression of my incendio after EDC use for a couple of weeks. I have taken it on night hikes, to work, and everywhere else in between. It is really taking a beating. Lol. I must admit the thing I like most about this light is the TINT. Its like sunlight. :thumbsup: After seeing and applying the nice tint of this new emitter. I don't think I want to go back to Q5 WC. Its all about the Q5 WD!

The other positives:

-Nicely space levels of output
-Small size!
-Acceptance of primaries and rechargeables.
-Useful and bright beam.
-Forward Clicky
-Awesome balance of regulated runtime and output
-Nice looking light.
-Very limited outer markings!

The ONE thing i don't like about it is the type of finish. Mine is showing wear already on the knurled part near the head. :thinking: With that said, if they produce a type III finished incendio I would be all over that. This light is everything that LUMAPOWER promised it would be. If you EDC cr123 lights, you got to have this one.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quotable. :)

This light is everything that LUMAPOWER promised it would be. If you EDC cr123 lights, you got to have this one.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must admit the thing I like most about this light is the TINT. Its like sunlight. :thumbsup: After seeing and applying the nice tint of this new emitter. I don't think I want to go back to Q5 WC. Its all about the Q5 WD!
Ding..ding..ding..ding!
+1 :thumbsup:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying you like whighter w/no tint , or closer to cream color ?

What's the diff between WC and WD ?

What other light are you comparing IncinDio to .... tint wise ?

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Are you saying you like whighter w/no tint , or closer to cream color ?

What's the diff between WC and WD ?

What other light are you comparing IncinDio to .... tint wise ?

Hello,

Not sure if this was directed at me but I will give you my opinion. I personally like portable lighting that most closely resembles that of the sun a perfect, blue sky filled day. I currently own and use the following:

RaidFire Spear (cool tint, bordering on blue) ugh...:confused:

LP Dmini Q5 (white tint) To me this is good.

LP M1-t (tint is white with hint of yellow)

And my GF's L1d CE q5. (white tint) Again acceptable to me.

From what I have learned and experience. WD is supposed to be 'warmer' in color compared to the WC. Until we see 'significant' improvements in LED efficiencies and brightness, I will be looking only for WD in potential future light purchases. :)

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only Cree lights that I have that I 'know' what the bin is, are my NDI (WC), my Zebralight H50 (WG) and the IncenDio (WD).

My NDI has a very light thistle tint, especially in the spill. This one bothers me the most. It seems to alter the color of things more, especially if I pay attention. When on high though, the spot looks really white.

The Zebralight is a little harder to judge because it's all spill, but it is warmer with a very slight green hue. It's very nice and things look quite natural with it. I'm happy with it.

The IncenDio looks the best to me. The most natural of the three. I can detect some warmness in sections of the spot, and at times can see an extremely slight pinkness in the spill. Especially if compared to the Zebralight. When used on its own, it's the best tint I have. Everything looks more natural/neutral .. to me. It's nowhere near my Rebel. It's much whiter, with no blue! I want more of these ..as in, WD. :grin2: