Rev 3 Maratac AAA CU (copper) available soon

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this statement is wrong headed, not untrue per se, just wrong headed. An Eneloop 2000 is a AA size battery, not AAA size. If I am mistaken, please correct me and provide a link to this magical AAA eneloop with 2000mAh capacity, because if it exists, I want it. The AAA size eneloop, AFAIK, only has a capacity of 900mAh and a max voltage of 1.25-1.35v, and it outperforms a Duracell alkaline AAA only slightly, providing a smoother voltage depleation curve before both drop below 1v (the eneloop will stay above 1v longer under the same load).

I'm well aware that the Eneloop 2000 is a AA battery. I was, after all, comparing the new Maratac Copper with the L3 Illuminations L10 (which is a AA light). And I think most people around here know that you're talking about AA batteries if you say 'Eneloop 2000'. As for AAA batteries, the ordinary Eneloop AAA has a capacity of 800mAH, not 900mAH or 1000mAh. But the old non-LSD Duracell AAA was a real 1000mAH battery.

turkeylord

Enlightened
Must say I'm not a huge fan of M-L-H either, but I can appreciate having options even if only one at a time.

That being said, I'm still loving my Maratac AAA Cu Rev. Preon 219B. ;)
rQs5M5rm.jpg

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm well aware ... with the L3 Illuminations L10 (which is a AA light).... L3 Illuminations L10 .....if you say 'Eneloop 2000'. As for AAA batteries, the ordinary Eneloop AAA has a capacity of 800mAH, not 900mAH or 1000mAh. But the old non-LSD Duracell AAA was a real 1000mAH battery.

Clarity appreciated, if disappointing (I want nuts batteries). AA lights are ok. Which Cree is in that? Ok, I am starting to realize how specific language is here, and that is so cool, because accuracy is like **** to me, but I was just including my eneloops as ordinary but I guess they are not, which is cool too.

6HxEZw4.png

Last edited:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one. Never dealt with these guys, any idea how long it will be to deliver?

One thing about this Country Comm place is they sure seem to want an awful lot for shipping. $10 seems rather excessive to ship an itty bitty 1xAAA light a mere two hour drive from them if you ask me. Especially since Illumination Supply is maybe two miles from them, and charges a fraction of what they do for shipping.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing about this Country Comm place is they sure seem to want an awful lot for shipping. $10 seems rather excessive to ship an itty bitty 1xAAA light a mere two hour drive from them if you ask me. Especially since Illumination Supply is maybe two miles from them, and charges a fraction of what they do for shipping.
Hmmm.... yes they have been known for high shipping as they use UPS for everything... and slow as they use UPS Ground... one reason I usually buy stuff in bulk from them when I order.... ....on my last order I was surprised I got free shipping.... I thought it was a change in their stategy.... I see now that their new policy of Free Shipping on orders over $99.00; a welcome change for me.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm.... yes they have been known for high shipping as they use UPS for everything... and slow as they use UPS Ground... one reason I usually buy stuff in bulk from them when I order.... ....on my last order I was surprised I got free shipping.... I thought it was a change in their stategy.... I see now that their new policy of Free Shipping on orders over $99.00; a welcome change for me.

Given that I'm only about two hours from them, UPS ground won't take any longer than even priority mail. But the shipping cost has me wondering whether they would allow local pickup.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
No local pickup, it says that on their website. Their company is not designed for someone to set aside time from what they are doing to handle small purchases. Other than that, the shipping is silly. USPS is only $2.09 if they package properly (13oz and under).

Received shipping notification today. Will post high quality pics if anyone wants.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today. Not bad. Weight is 28.4g (without battery) essentially the same as my Rev-2. Looks identical except emitter, glow ring, slight more texture to reflector and and maybe the lens. Tint appears excellent at all levels. Levels are M/L/H as stated on website. Threads are smooth.

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today. Not bad. Weight is 28.4g (without battery) essentially the same as my Rev-1 (I think its a rev 1). Looks identical except emitter, glow ring, slight texture to reflector and and maybe the lens. Tint appears excellent at all levels. Levels are M/L/H as stated on website. Threads are smooth.
Rev1 was 3 mode, L-M-H. Rev2 was 2 mode L-H, and more Knurling on head.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today. Not bad. Weight is 28.4g (without battery) essentially the same as my Rev-2. Looks identical except emitter, glow ring, slight more texture to reflector and and maybe the lens. Tint appears excellent at all levels. Levels are M/L/H as stated on website. Threads are smooth.
The silicon diffuser is also GID which is kind of neat.

Rev-1 weighs 27g, with an even more textured reflector, and the smaller emitter (XP-E ?). The tint and smaller hotspot on the Rev-1 is actually quite nice for many things.

The high on the Rev-3 is quite nice. If the head fit properly on my LD-01-SS I'd seriously consider putting the two together for EDC.

Last edited:

mobilerd

Newly Enlightened
I got a cut, empty package today ... Email is in to customer service...

Got mine today also. Man I would have been ill if somebody cut and ripped off my light. Glad County is making it right, encourgages me to do more business with them. I think it is a very cool little flashlight. That's about as far as I can advise since I am a newby to the high performance/collectable LED scene. I am really digging this forum.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smaller, lighter.
+1 .... and if you carry an extra cell then you save weight again.

My AAA lights have enough capacity for how I use them so why carry an AA light....too big for my keychain.

I happen to also carry an 18650 light as main EDC so I'm covered in runtime an lumens, but really my AAA light (Fenix LD01-SS) works for me solo as well.

I'm liking this Rev 3 copper light though; I'm liking the Med and the High levels now. Of course I've liked all the Maratac AAA lights in this series in all the different revs and materials. I don't trust the keyring attachment though for my keys, and SS is better on my keychain. Maybe I'll try swapping pills one day into a LD01-SS.