SolarForce L2 -or- L2N

Which SolarForce should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

erknjerk

Newly Enlightened
Another forum has a thread about it. The quality is off compared to the L2n. Now on eBay is not my source of Solarforce.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can u PM me the link?
I suspect that 1 of mine might be fake.
The internal dimensions differ from the ones that I got from Solarforce-sales website.

- JonK

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
Apart from drop-ins the only place that I've bought Solarforce from (apart from an eye-wateringly expensive first purchase from a U.K.based shop) is the Solarforce-Sales HK website and I recommend them 100%.

JoshT

Newly Enlightened
8steve88 thanks for the recommendation. I found that site about a week before starting this threadm it's another of the reasons that I couldn't decided between the two, the main body of both look so damn good in the pics I want them both. As said above, will only buy one of the two this time, though I will still end up with two hosts. I have the parts in the shopping cart now just trying to convince myself that I need to click the checkout button.

If anyone cares these are the parts starting me down the path to flashaholism.

• SolarForce L2N black kit including:
    • SolarForce XM-L2 U2 3 mode drop-in with OP reflector
    • Stainless belt clip (might want it someday)
  • SolarForce tailstand cap, reverse click
  • SolarForce L2T head
  • SolarForce L2M battery tube (need a place to store parts, also for future "tactical" mounted light)

The L2N is forward click and from what I've read I will probably prefer reverse click, so I'll have both to try. I don't care about tail stand capability, but I do like that those caps protect the button better in event of a drop.

The head is the only part of the L2T that I like, and the only part of all other L2 hosts that I do not like. So combine the parts I like, and the anti roll head will be used on the future L2M build.

I know that I'd be better served by a custom drop-in, but until I am a little more experienced and know better what I need in a light I can't justify the expense. Once I've used this one a while and seen how it fits my needs I'll spend a little on a custom drop-in and another L2 host, then start playing musical chairs with parts. I know I'll spend more in the long run, but lets face it I've started down a path where I'll spend a lot more over time. (already wanting an Alpha)

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the parts that you like can be purchased on its own, so you can mix & match them all as you like..

- JonK