Some of Hogo's Evil Plans for 2020

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainless!

newsimg83219.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainless steel is quite interesting depending on price point, but you could count me in for a thoroughly mismatched HA edition, even if it were a rotary. The more mismatched, the better. Gotta have high CRI something or other, though. If you can put me north of 90 CRI, I wouldn't be overly obsessive about the emitter.

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
Dang! Like nbp said, premium metals wasn't friendly for my pocket either and it looks like it won't be in nearest future also but SS and NaHa could do the trick.
It would be funny seeing Henry calibrating Ostam White emitters
giphy.gif

I would like to see some Osram flat white 1 or 2 emitters. They seem to have incredible throw in reflectors without pushing too many lumen.

Stoneking

Enlightened
I'm in for Stainless without a doubt!!! 3600K would be brilliant!

Rotaries and Clickies?

Last edited:

hatman

Enlightened
The Nichia 319A emitter at 5000K is my favorite emitter -- let's have some, please.

caelyx

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for something high CRI around 5000k. I missed the window on 3 o'clock high, and would be interested in something between the High Noon (in my pocket) and the SS40 (hopefully soon on its way).

elzilcho

Enlightened
I was thinking of ordering the SST-20 in 4000K but if there's a possibility it might be offered in 5000K high CRI sometime this year, I would rather wait for that instead. Less warm + more throw (than the Nichias) = thumbs up.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see the SW40 back since we can't get NB4, or 219a/b 5000k would be nice.

Nichia 319a 4000k or 5000k - It seems to be about 80 CRI, dimension 3535, that is, under the current board. Hexagonal matrix - smoother beam. Mmm?
I'd definately favor something >=5000K (or something <=3000K). In the past we had a lot 4000K lights.

The "old HiCRI" lights with Nichia 219A and B (I mean the version that was offered @HDS before the limited LED options were coming) were 4000K, the L5D2V4 was also 3900K 4000K, the current SST20 is 4000K.

That is the reason why I would like i.e. the 219B 3000K LED option in case Andy Zhu has enough LEDs available. My guess would be this LED would work fine with the HDS Hardware (electronics), since other 219B LED also worked fine on HDS hardware. Therefore the testing should be a minimum.

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
L5D2V4 was 3900k wasn't it?... close enough.

I think the reason for so many in the 4000k is because that's the prime color temp:poke:

Sw35 is about as warm as i like to go. Sw45(k) is also nice. I haven't seen 219a/b 5000k; which is why I chose it but I don't even think they are available anymore:mecry:

We really have a limited range in what most prefer. Then finding something in the right die size makes it even more challenging. It will be interesting to see what comes about

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
L5D2V4 was 3900k wasn't it?... close enough.

You are right it is corrected :)

I think the reason for so many in the 4000k is because that's the prime color temp:poke:
It may ne the reason that this color temp is the most prefered???

Sw35 is about as warm as i like to go. Sw45(k) is also nice. I haven't seen 219a/b 5000k; which is why I chose it but I don't even think they are available anymore:mecry:
SW35 is nice and warm, but I like the 2700K of my 219C a lot. It is almost like I am on a campfire or using old school xenon lights

We really have a limited range in what most prefer. Then finding something in the right die size makes it even more challenging. It will be interesting to see what comes about
That is true, but the interest getting some lights in Hogos legendary and last "Low K Groupbuy" was quite good. Therefore my guess ther could be real interest for a new "low K" limited LED.

I think we will see. I am pretty sure Hogo will surprise us with a cool limited LED option if the time is right.

moltenmag

Enlightened
I'm in for a Natural HA!! [emoji106] Any possibility of a HDS keychain light this year?